Jurij Repe - Miha Stebih
sub. Luka Vidmar, Matič Podlipnik

Robert Kristan
Luka Gračnar
sub. Gasper Krošelj

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
So I came across a really cool video about the development of football in Slovenia. Something struck me though, in the middle the federation president made a statement that more people play football in Slovenia than hockey, and that was pretty surprising to me but it's true, Slovenia has only 117 male hockey players. While I do enjoy seeing football grow in Slovenia I have to wonder why are there so few hockey players from a country which has probably earned a significant amount of reputability from the sport?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viLEkui8wkQ

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
will not play due to injuries: Jan Muršak, Marcel Rodman, David Rodman, Boštjan Goličič, Rok Pajič, Nik Pem

might join the team (still playing in their clubs): Miha Štebih, Žiga Pavlin

current roster (scroll down): http://hokej.si/risi-uradno-zaceli-s-pripravami-za-svetovno-prvenstvo/

@kabidjan18: tricky question. it's kind of a miracle that slovenian hockey team performs so well, under such circumstances. it's like making butter out of crap.

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
will not play due to injuries: Jan MurÅ¡ak, Marcel Rodman, David Rodman, BoÅ¡tjan Goličič, Rok Pajič, Nik Pem

might join the team (still playing in their clubs): Miha Štebih, Žiga Pavlin

current roster (scroll down): http://hokej.si/risi-uradno-zaceli-s-pripravami-za-svetovno-prvenstvo/

@kabidjan18: tricky question. it's kind of a miracle that slovenian hockey team performs so well, under such circumstances. it's like making butter out of crap.

Slovenians are just uber talented per capita

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
first I thought why would "european" football/soccer brag about having more players than hockey. :laugh:

it's harder to become an adult hockey player than american football. Whenever a new sport comes along, they start massive recruitment and of course they get a lot of people.

btw, not really relevant games, but 2 wins against Croatia, 8:3 and 9:1, why were this games even played?

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
first I thought why would "european" football/soccer brag about having more players than hockey. :laugh:

it's harder to become an adult hockey player than american football. Whenever a new sport comes along, they start massive recruitment and of course they get a lot of people.

btw, not really relevant games, but 2 wins against Croatia, 8:3 and 9:1, why were this games even played?
Haha, only in America.

Yeeah, it was pretty cool, I hope the two sports both grow obviously. And yeah I noticed the friendlies and I was wondering why the croatia doppelpack, could they not try Poland or Italy at least.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
yesterday was a good day...

Slovenia 3:0 Hungary
Goals:
0:1 Pretnar (Ograjenšek, Mušič, 34.)
0:2 Pance (Gregorc, 48.)
0:3 Tičar, 60., EN.

Kristan, Krošelj, Kovačevič, Kranjc, Jeglič, Tičar, Hebar, Gregorc, Repe, Pance, Verlič, Urbas, Pretnar, Vidmar, Ograjenšek, Mušič, Kuralt, Milovanovič, Ropret, Pešut, Koblar, Jezovšek.

U18 team on a WC D1B has bounced back after 2:0 deficit and won 4:2 against Italy

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Žiga Jeglič - Rok Tičar - Robert Sabolič

I love that line. Would easily be a Top3 line on the Slovak team as well. Jeglič and Tičar are fun to watch in Slovan Bratislava, witty forwards, their only downside is the defensive play, but god are they fun to watch on offense.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015

I love that line. Would easily be a Top3 line on the Slovak team as well. Jeglič and Tičar are fun to watch in Slovan Bratislava, witty forwards, their only downside is the defensive play, but god are they fun to watch on offense.
It's very impressive that the top line of a mid-major team would be a top 3 line on another mid-major team...

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
Goalies (2): Robert Kristan (Pirati Chomutov, CZE Extraliga), Gašper Krošelj (Medveščak Zagreb, KHL)

Defenders (7): Aleš Kranjc, Sabahudin Kovačevič (Graz 99ers, EBEL), Luka Vidmar (Stjernen, Getligaen, Norway), Blaž Gregorc (Pardubice, Extraliga, CZE), Jurij Repe (Kladno, liga WSM, 2. CZE), Klemen Pretnar (Vienna Capitals, EBEL), Jakob Milovanovič (Grenoble, Ligue Magnus)

Forwards (11): Jan Urbas (Västeras, Allsvenskan), Rok Tičar, Žiga Jeglič (Slovan Bratislava, KHL), Žiga Pance, Miha Verlič (Villacher SV, EBEL), Andrej Hebar (Grenoble, Ligue Magnus), Ken Ograjenšek, Anže Kuralt (Epinal, Ligue Magnus), Aleš Mušič, Gregor Koblar, Anže Ropret (HDD Olimpija, liga EBEL).

Waiting for: Miha Štebih (Dukla Jihlava, liga WSM, 2. CZE) and Robert Sabolič (HC Sparta Praha, CZE Extraliga)

Last edited:

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia

very true. we might see them in action in the last game, probably not before. local fans called them, roughly translated: "trio addio" :)

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
sabolič expected to play against poland tomorrow, in the first line with tičar & jeglč.

Any chance of Kopitar joining now that the Kings are out?

no. slovenian federation asked la kings about it but the response was negative due to post-season obligations after signing a new contract this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad