Confirmed with Link: WBS signs Tom Kostopoulos to AHL deal

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Always good to add Vets to the AHL squad. Solid signing. Also his last name reminds me of a species of dinosaur for some reason.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
I want him to be called up so that we have the two worst fighters in the league on one line.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
button-havemercy.jpg

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
He signed an AHL contract, not a 2-way deal. Can't be called up.

At least that means he won't be taken from us through waivers again!

Same thing happened last year. He was on an AHL deal, then he played well enough to earn an NHL contract. In the process of trying to put him back down into WBS, he was claimed off waivers.

TKNoodle

Jun 19, 2013
Same thing happened last year. He was on an AHL deal, then he played well enough to earn an NHL contract. In the process of trying to put him back down into WBS, he was claimed off waivers.

Not quite. Last year he was on a PTO in WBS, he never signed an AHL contract. On the PTO you can only play for so long (25 games) before needing to be signed to a contract. The Pens were pleased enough with his performance during his Try Out that they decided to sign him to a 2-way NHL contract. And then as you said at that point he needed to be waived to be assigned back to the AHL and he got claimed by the Devils.

But this year he is not on a Try Out, he has a full fledged AHL contract which means he can play for WBS or even get sent down to Wheeling without ever having to be placed on waivers (whereas the NHL vets on 2-way deals needs to clear waivers to start the season). If they are impressed they can once again sign him to an NHL contract, but since they plan to use him in WBS (maybe even as Captain) there isn't any point in signing him to an NHL deal just to waive him back down.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Would prefer him on the 4th line then Glass for the Pens. He should be a good guy to have around the kids.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Ebbett - Drazenovic - Kostopoulos
Conner - Gibbons - Thompson
Kuhnhackl - Megna - Uher
Zlobin - Sill - Payerl
Farnham - Mac - PL3

Dumoulin - Harrington
Mikkelson - Samuelsson
D'Agostino - Ruopp
McNeil

Hartzell
Zatkoff

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Ebbett - Drazenovic - Kostopoulos
Conner - Gibbons - Thompson
Kuhnhackl - Megna - Uher
Zlobin - Sill - Payerl
Farnham - Mac - PL3

Dumoulin - Harrington
Mikkelson - Samuelsson
D'Agostino - Ruopp
McNeil

Hartzell
Zatkoff

No Harry Z?

Conner-Ebbett-Tom K
Drazanovic-Gibbons-Thompson
Harry Z-Megna-Payerl
Uher-Sill-Mac/Leblond
Kuhn-Farnham
Zlobin in Wheeling

Harrington-dumers
Mikkelson-Ulf Jr
McNeil-Ruopp
D'Agostino

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If I had to chose between the 2 I would as well. The guy is all heart and hustle. Both have no talent but at least one of them gives it's all

I'm not his biggest fan but there's certainly nothing wrong with Glass's effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad