Confirmed with Link: WBS Signs Ryan Haggerty

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

https://wbspens.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/ryan-haggerty-signs-with-wilkes-barrescranton/
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have signed forward Ryan Haggerty to an American Hockey League contract for the 2016-17 season.

Haggerty saw action in 36 games with the Rockford IceHogs last season, earning nine goals and four assists for 13 points in that time. In his first two AHL seasons, the 23-year-old has racked up 46 points (24G-22A) in 112 games split between the IceHogs and Hartford Wolf Pack.

Prior to turning pro in 2014, the Stamford, Conn. native was a collegiate hockey standout at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. In three seasons at R.P.I., Haggerty posted 47 goals and 37 assists for 84 total points in 106 NCAA contests.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45402

23 yr old RW'er.
Something they are pretty thin at beyond whats on the big club and Sprong/Archibald.

WBS signed Ryan Haggerty to an AHL deal.

He got a little bit of hype when he turned pro, eventually signing with the Rangers. He was traded for Raanta last year.

I thought he looked pretty decent with Hartford, but he only got into 36 games with Rockford last year.

Last edited:

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Can't hurt having more guys with upside in the system. Hopefully he plays awesome and earns a 2-way deal at some point.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I remember Haggerty making an impact during a preseason game against Philly (I believe) two seasons ago. Skilled, but lacked footspeed from my memory. He has fought against Oleksy and edged him out (to no one's surprise). Good minor league signing. Think of him as a Paul Thompson.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Looks like he's more of a shooter, good.

We are very thin on the right side too so hey if this kid on an AHL contract earns a 2-way one, perfect. I just hope Donatelli is a good development coach.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I remember Haggerty making an impact during a preseason game against Philly (I believe) two seasons ago. Skilled, but lacked footspeed from my memory. He has fought against Oleksy and edged him out (to no one's surprise). Good minor league signing. Think of him as a Paul Thompson.

He looked a little more shifty than Thompson, at least the handful of times I saw him. I thought he looked like a lesser version of Erik Christensen.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown

If you're talking about the NYR-Philly preseason game a couple years ago, yes. He was pretty good. Duclair was the real standout though, but I thought we'd keep at least one. I should've known :laugh:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Never hurts. Interested to see if he earns an NHL contract. He's 6'0 180lb so he's slightly bigger than some of the others we have.

HF has him at a 6.5 C

Talent Analysis
Haggerty showed scoring ability in both his final season of college hockey and as a rookie at the AHL level in 2014-15. He has an accurate shot and a very quick release. Not overly impressive in terms of his technical skills or skating ability, Haggerty relies on sound instincts and plays a smart game.

Future
Haggerty is in his first season with the Chicago organization after being acquired by the Blackhawks from the Rangers in exchange for goalie Antti Raanta in June 2015. In the third year of his entry-level contract, he will start the season with the AHL's Rockford IceHogs. Haggerty's skill set suggests some value as a potential third or fourth line forward, with the potential to chip in offensively.

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/ryan-haggerty/#A0JSmmkecdIwfXRW.99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad