AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: Youre a prospect until youre 30 and youll like it!

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Havent been paying attention is there season over?
Yep their season is over. Cal Petersen beat the baby pens.
1714185109273.png

• Haha
Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Someone on this board brought this up last week, The Wheeling Nailers are playing their game #5 playoff game at the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex in Cranberry on Saturday evening. Wheeling is up three games to one against the Indy Fuel.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Poulin and Koivunen were good in both games which is encouraging. Broz looked decent. Poulin was good in the POs a couple years ago too.

Blomqvist.. be nice to see him duplicate this season plus have a deeper run before we give him an NHL spot. No rush on him.

I thought Forrest overall did a decent job this year but maybe look at someone like Sonne from Saskatoon or Ahokas from Kitchener as the next head coach. It’s a good spot for jumping to an NHL career and should have plenty of applicants.

The forward group next year is pretty much set with all the prospects we brought in plus Koppanen and Johnstone returning. Pretty sure Houde and Joshua are signed to AHL deals too. I’d re-sign Gruden and Andonovski. Maybe room for one more like, journeyman, emergency call-up type forward.

D is pretty empty so far with Pickering coming in, St. Ivany likely to be in the NHL and everyone else being a UFA. Assume Ouellet moves on and Fedun retires. I’d re-sign Samorukov and Rathbone for depth.

Blomqvist can carry the reigns full-time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al Smith

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
So
Poulin and Koivunen were good in both games which is encouraging. Broz looked decent. Poulin was good in the POs a couple years ago too.

Blomqvist.. be nice to see him duplicate this season plus have a deeper run before we give him an NHL spot. No rush on him.

I thought Forrest overall did a decent job this year but maybe look at someone like Sonne from Saskatoon or Ahokas from Kitchener as the next head coach. It’s a good spot for jumping to an NHL career and should have plenty of applicants.

The forward group next year is pretty much set with all the prospects we brought in plus Koppanen and Johnstone returning. Pretty sure Houde and Joshua are signed to AHL deals too. I’d re-sign Gruden and Andonovski. Maybe room for one more like, journeyman, emergency call-up type forward.

D is pretty empty so far with Pickering coming in, St. Ivany likely to be in the NHL and everyone else being a UFA. Assume Ouellet moves on and Fedun retires. I’d re-sign Samorukov and Rathbone for depth.

Blomqvist can carry the reigns full-time.
How did our hero Koivunen look? Didn't even know he was here in NA. I was focused on the NFL draft, tell me? But understand he's only 20 and had a long flight?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad