Schaller-Gruden-Miletic
Bjorkqvist-Bellerive-Schilkey
Robert-Nastasiuk-Drozg

POJ-Lizotte
Lee-Sweezey
Czuczman-Reilly

D'Orio-Nappier

--------

Haha, opening faceoff and Bellerive already cross checking someone.

Lee pressured on a forecheck and turns it over. Devils miss. Lee, however, has improved greatly in the d-zone. But it's been at the expense of his Matheson-esque offensive game. Annnnd as I'm typing that Lee throw the puck over the glass for a penalty.

Penalty killed.

Got distracted by the Rangers game. Didn't miss anything on the WBS game.

Devils with some nifty passing with one behind the net to a Devils player that somehow slipped away from the D. Goal. 1-0 Devils.

42 seconds later Bellerive ties it up. Nice shot from the left circle. Robert may have tipped? Tied at 1.

Pens on the PP. Didn't see who drew it. POJ can really bring the puck in. Not much happening on this PP sadly. PP over.

Nice shift by the fourth line. Robert showing his playmaking skills. Shift ends with Robert finding Reilly at the point for a shot that got deflected and stopped.

Hahaha, the mascot, Tux, has a large cutout of that Tanev headshot.

First line taking the faceoff. Currie wins it to DOC for a nice chance that was blocked and over the net.

On the following faceoff, Angello intereferes with a Devil and the Pens go to the PK.

Somehow Currie gets a shorthanded breakaway and buries it. 2-1 Pens. On the replay, Currie got in the way and it bounced to DOC. DOC then fed Currie.

Another nice shift by the fourth line.

Have yet to notice Bjorkqvist, but I've been a bit distracted by the Rangers game.

Schilkey set up Bellerive for a nice chance but it kinda handcuffed him.

And that's the first.

----------

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
DOC back to LW

DOC-Currie-Angello
Schaller-Gruden-Miletic
Bjorkqvist-Bellerive-Schilkey
Robert-Nastasiuk-Drozg

POJ-Lizotte
Lee-Sweezey
Czuczman-Reilly

D'Orio-Nappier

--------

Haha, opening faceoff and Bellerive already cross checking someone.

Lee pressured on a forecheck and turns it over. Devils miss. Lee, however, has improved greatly in the d-zone. But it's been at the expense of his Matheson-esque offensive game. Annnnd as I'm typing that Lee throw the puck over the glass for a penalty.

Penalty killed.

Got distracted by the Rangers game. Didn't miss anything on the WBS game.

Devils with some nifty passing with one behind the net to a Devils player that somehow slipped away from the D. Goal. 1-0 Devils.

42 seconds later Bellerive ties it up. Nice shot from the left circle. Robert may have tipped? Tied at 1.

Pens on the PP. Didn't see who drew it. POJ can really bring the puck in. Not much happening on this PP sadly. PP over.

Nice shift by the fourth line. Robert showing his playmaking skills. Shift ends with Robert finding Reilly at the point for a shot that got deflected and stopped.

Hahaha, the mascot, Tux, has a large cutout of that Tanev headshot.

First line taking the faceoff. Currie wins it to DOC for a nice chance that was blocked and over the net.

On the following faceoff, Angello intereferes with a Devil and the Pens go to the PK.

Somehow Currie gets a shorthanded breakaway and buries it. 2-1 Pens. On the replay, Currie got in the way and it bounced to DOC. DOC then fed Currie.

Another nice shift by the fourth line.

Have yet to notice Bjorkqvist, but I've been a bit distracted by the Rangers game.

Schilkey set up Bellerive for a nice chance but it kinda handcuffed him.

And that's the first.

----------

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Currie with some nice plays. Then the puck gets to POJ on that shift who feeds Angello along the left wall. And Angello just absolutely blasts it past the goalie. 3-1 Pens.

And almost immediately the Pens take a penalty. Ha, Angello for cross checking.

And then almost immediately the Devils slap a deflected pass into the net. 3-2 Pens.

Sweezey gets his stick slashed out of his hands. WBS to the PP.

Bellerive leveled and then almost stepped on by multiple players. Extremely lucky to not be cut. Like, that could've been Malarchuk times two.

Still on the PP. And Angello crushes someone. Not much going on for the PP. And they don't score.

Refs are huddled. Probably talking about Wilson.

POJ been skating real well today. Well, every day. But especially in this game. Has continued to be physical/ornery.

Ah damn. Lee dancing with the puck in the o-zone and then fell. Devils started going for a breakaway but Bellerive killed it on a nice backcheck.

I think I kicked the keg. Yay. Time to switch to Colt 45 or Straub Amber.

POJ with a sick stretch pass to Currie. Didn't work out.

Still not noticing Bjork.

I like that Gruden can play anywhere, but his line isn't doing much today.

Nice. Tip by Currie maybe on a shot by Lee. Good for Lee. Kinda snakebit for a while. 4-2 Pens.

Gruden with a bad turnover at the blueline and the Devils get a nice shot. D'Orio gloves it.

They better not re-sign Czuczman. I don't dislike any of these Pens... but he's my least favorite.

Bad rebound by D'Orio but Robert just bodies the player that was trying to make something of it. And then Gruden gets kneed or tripped. Pens to the PP.

POJ got high sticked on the PP but they didn't call it. No luck on this PP.

And that's the end of the second.

----------

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Start of the third

4 on 4, but WBS seemingly contempt playing keep away. But the Devils have it now. And D'Orio makes a glove save.

A Bjorkqvist sighting! He's not as slow as I suspected. Also isn't as big as I suspected. No glaring mistakes (yet) made by him in his first game in NA for a while is a success, right?

Reilly got juked after making a poke check attempt but thankfully the Devils miss it. Then the puck goes the other way and Bjork sets up ... someone who misses. And then a Pens player is tripped. Must've been Bjork since he went into the boards? Annnnnnnd he's gone to the locker room...

Bellerive shot it with traffic in front and Schaller tips it in. A PP goal. 5-2 Pens.

Angello tripped and they're back to the PP. No goal.

POJ with a few nice shots.

Lines look scrambled indicating Bjork still out.

Announcer says Bjork is on the bench now.

Reilly takes an interference penalty. Announcer says the player that kneed Bjork has been getting it from the Pens but I haven't seen it.

Gruden with some nice PK play. I'm really liking him. Ugh, really weird bounces around the net. Not sure if it just pinballed in or if the Devils shot it in. 5-3 now.

Gruden getting into it with someone way bigger than him. But there's a scrum and I think he paired up with someone more his size. Yeah, way more his size. But he got into it with 3 Devils to start that.

Gruden took 4 there. Pens to the PK. But Bjork makes an appearance! Yay. Penalty killed.

Lee crushed on a canceled icing. Then Sweezey goes after that player and they fight. Pretty nice fight! Those two were clashing all night. "Buy one get one free on the knuckle sandwich special."

Devils empty their net with like 3 minutes left. And then DOC almost pinballs it in from far, far away. Same galaxy though.

Currie just sends it. And Angello is there to score after the rebound off the end boards. 6-3.

And the Pens win. Yas!

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
@Randy Butternubs

What's your overall take on Jon Gruden?

Disclaimer: I voted for him as our 5th best prospect so I'm likely biased.

I'm seeing him, potentially, being a middle six jack-of-all-trades forward. If I'm remembering correctly, he started off on the fourth line as a winger this season with minimal responsibilities. Now he's being used everywhere, positionally and situationally, and has been one of the few players to show higher end puck skills.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Schaller-Currie-Angello
Bjorkqvist-DOC-Schilkey
Gruden-Bellerive-Miletic
Almeida-Berger-Drozg

POJ-Lizotte
Lee-Sweezey
Czuczman-Reilly

Nappier-Brochu

Missed the first thanks to the NHL Pens game. 0-0 after 1. Announcers are now talking about Lagace and his shut out. Announcer mistakenly saying the NHL Pens clinched first. After I typed and posted that, he corrected himself. Are you reading this Mr. Announcer?

start 2

Reilly apparently hurt.

Schaller, who wears 59, looked like Guentzel there juking through the Devils and then backhanding a shot off the post.

Lizotte doing some juking of his own. Please sign him to a two-way deal.

Damn, Gruden may be hurt as well.

Looks like they already swapped Schaller and Bjork on the lines.

Schilkey takes a rare penalty.

BING barely missed a goal on their PP. 4 seconds left. Penalty killed. And Schilkey out of the box sets up DOC on a 2-on-1 but DOC pushed it wide. The puck stays in the zone, there's a rebound and Gruden finds Schilkey on a nifty pass for an empty net goal. 1-0.

Looked like Bellerive was going to get lit up, but he knew it was coming and stood strong.

WBS take another penalty. Lizotte for hooking or slashing, I think. Penalty killed.

Bjorkqvist so strong that his poke checks send players flying. :laugh:

There was a 3-on-2 for the Pens with POJ leading the charge with Gruden and Lizotte as the options. Gruden drove the net and Lizotte got off a decent shot. No goal though.

Nappier looking pretty decent.

Bjork back with DOC. DOC with a nice set up to Bjork but his shot was blocked by an ankle and goes wide.

Drozg draws a penalty. Angello barely missed within the first few seconds of the PP. POJ set up DOC for a deflection but that also misses. POJ with another shot but that also missed. Then Currie gets a real good chance, set up by Bellerive, almost in the slot but the BING goalie stops it. Penalty killed.

Fourth line had a good shift after that PP.

end of the 2nd

start 3

Bellerive threw a shot to the net while Gruden was providing a screen. Devils didn't like that and went after Gruden. Then they got into a nice fight.

Gruden goes to the net again and is tripped. He actually goes into the net. Pens to the PP. Second unit capitalizes on a Bellerive and Almeida rebound. Schilkey got it. 2-0.

Bjork with a nice curl and drag, and then delay, and a quick snap shot after "looking" to pass it. Missed the net but it was a nice play.

Holy shit, what a shift by Angello. He just decided he was going to take the puck and score. Made everyone on the ice look like peewee players. 3-0.

Delay of game by BING. To the PP. Killed.

Damn. 2 minutes left and the Devils score. 3-1.

Devils pull their goalie and Gruden gets an empty net goal to complete the Gordie Howe Hat Trick. 4-1.

Pens win.

Last edited:
Reactions: deakka

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The schedule is all jacked up, any hope of the baby Pens playing any post-season games or no?

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
WBS season is about to be over. Any thoughts are who will be coming up as black aces?

POJ
DOC
Jordy?
Kasper?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
WBS season is about to be over. Any thoughts are who will be coming up as black aces?

POJ
DOC
Jordy?
Kasper?

Probably not a whole bunch tbh. The roster already stands at 32 players, that's pretty much everyone you need anyway. Could honestly be no one. If they added any more, I'd guess POJ and Trotman on the blueline, Angello/Currie/DOC up front.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Probably not a whole bunch tbh. The roster already stands at 32 players, that's pretty much everyone you need anyway. Could honestly be no one. If they added any more, I'd guess POJ and Trotman on the blueline, Angello/Currie/DOC up front.

Trotman is injured, again. I think.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
14-6 in shots end of the 1st.

Watched a bit, Lee's the sort of guy who I hope makes it because he's fun to watch, Reilly looks solid and smart.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->