Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
zfqXQoP.jpg

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Latvian federation reports Blueger won't be released by Pens to play at the World Championship.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Thats so dumb. Pens have plenty of depth why keep a player that obviously wont even play a game?

Nah, it's an insurance move in case we lose one more center. I mean, with all due respect to Latvia (and I dig Latvia), I'm okay with the Pens being selfish here because I want a 3-peat, and I don't care about the World Championship. It's a dumb shitshow.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Nah, it's an insurance move in case we lose one more center. I mean, with all due respect to Latvia (and I dig Latvia), I'm okay with the Pens being selfish here because I want a 3-peat, and I don't care about the World Championship. It's a dumb ****show.

Sure. Just as i have no emotional attachment to Pens, dont care if they 3peat and want to see him in our NT. Frustrated by the move, thats all

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Being Latvian, can easily understand Pens and would do the same if I were in their shoes. Don't care much about WC, instead I'm thrilled to see the Canadian team led my McDavid in Riga next week for the final exhibition prior WC.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Sure. Just as i have no emotional attachment to Pens, dont care if they 3peat and want to see him in our NT. Frustrated by the move, thats all

Yeah, I get that. I was frustrated we called him up this season and didn't play him. I think he's at least a decent option at 4C on the big squad, but again, I'm not shocked that the Pens are being cautious about keeping him. This series has the potential to rapidly deplete our depth, and you can't really recall Bluegers from the IIHF WC on the fly if we lose, say, Rowney or Jooris to a Wilson late hit tonight.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Do we have anything other than rumours for bengtsson going? I'm not doubting it that much, it makes sense, just wanna know if there's anything more.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The WBS coach still makes me feel uncomfortable in a creeped out way.

Also, jeez man, so many great seasons and good ones with nothing to show for it.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Almari...

Possible replacement for Schultz? Cap savings for Murray’s next contract.

Absolutely not. Schultz is a solid 2nd pairing Right-handed Dman who can QB a power play. We have all of our high end players (Sid/Geno/Kessel/Horny/Tang/Maatta/Dumo) locked in for the next 4+ years. Overpaid guys like Hagelin and Sheary will be replaced -- and the cap is going up every year. We will be more than fine.

If Schultz gets re-signed for similar money, we can totally fit that in, along with Guentzel in the 5.5 to 6M range. And Murray strikes me as the kind of guy who would prefer to play for a competitive team and sign in the range of $7-7.5M and not go for a Carey Price or even Lundqvist type deal, IMO.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Almari is a left-handed guy who doesn't do much PP stuff as far as I can tell. A potential replacement for Schultz he is not.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Ok. Someone tweeted he was going to be an absolute stud.

So they did, and a lot of other people have said a lot of very nice things about him, but that doesn't mean he's a potential Schultz replacement. Maatta/Dumo maybe. But not Schultz.

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
Absolutely not. Schultz is a solid 2nd pairing Right-handed Dman who can QB a power play. We have all of our high end players (Sid/Geno/Kessel/Horny/Tang/Maatta/Dumo) locked in for the next 4+ years. Overpaid guys like Hagelin and Sheary will be replaced -- and the cap is going up every year. We will be more than fine.

If Schultz gets re-signed for similar money, we can totally fit that in, along with Guentzel in the 5.5 to 6M range. And Murray strikes me as the kind of guy who would prefer to play for a competitive team and sign in the range of $7-7.5M and not go for a Carey Price or even Lundqvist type deal, IMO.
Tamger will be gone and Sheary

Hags will probably get a Home discount or small 2years deal.. imo Hags will still be will the Penguins for 2-4 years. I would love for him to stay for cheap deal..

I see Sheary gone and Letang gone for sure no matter what ..

Rutherford was trying hard to trade Letang in December.. Rutherford will try again and get a decent return and go from there..
It’s about two -three that can handle top minutes.. I hope Rutherford can get Jacob Trouba or someone who think can fairly be put on the second pairing spot for the Penguins.

If Penguins wanna succeed further with the great good D core they have its best to remove injury prone Letang. It’s many reasons to move Letang regardless the return. It’s asinine to trade great young defensemen with great upside to keep a 7mil guy like Letang.. He done good for the organization but it’s time to move on. Sorry . Letang is injury waiting to happen again next season that will leave him IR for 25+ games..
I have faith in Shultz,Rig , Dumoulin and Määttä to get the job done with one or two additions..
I wouldn’t mind seeing Pedan and Tindori getting there feet wet .. Trotman as well..

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Tamger will be gone and Sheary

Hags will probably get a Home discount or small 2years deal.. imo Hags will still be will the Penguins for 2-4 years. I would love for him to stay for cheap deal..

I see Sheary gone and Letang gone for sure no matter what ..

Rutherford was trying hard to trade Letang in December.. Rutherford will try again and get a decent return and go from there..
It’s about two -three that can handle top minutes.. I hope Rutherford can get Jacob Trouba or someone who think can fairly be put on the second pairing spot for the Penguins.

If Penguins wanna succeed further with the great good D core they have its best to remove injury prone Letang. It’s many reasons to move Letang regardless the return. It’s asinine to trade great young defensemen with great upside to keep a 7mil guy like Letang.. He done good for the organization but it’s time to move on. Sorry . Letang is injury waiting to happen again next season that will leave him IR for 25+ games..
I have faith in Shultz,Rig , Dumoulin and Määttä to get the job done with one or two additions..
I wouldn’t mind seeing Pedan and Tindori getting there feet wet .. Trotman as well..
No to all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad