LeBrun: Wayne Simmonds

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
For people saying he could play a 4th line I think you're probably right but not paying much attention to what's successful. 4th lines are now loaded with speed and skill. I could really only see Simmonds playing as a 13th/14th fwd but he would likely be overpaid in that role.

Reactions: Morrison

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
I say bring him in, he may not be the scorer he once was but that's fine the Leafs top 6 can do that. The bottom 6 needs to be built old school it needs to hit and grind, it needs to be tough

This is not getting enough attention. Why don't the Leafs go old school? Their cap is already built for it so just go for it. It may not result in best offensive production, but it SHOULD help in playoff series because no matter what anyone says...no player likes to be hit, poked, prodded especially every other night for 1-2 weeks.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I feel so bad he never got a big contract like other stooges got in their careers.

Loved Simmer and he was very good for a good while. Fell off a cliff.

Great guy, but he’s toast—completely ineffective.

He’s smart and well-spoken, so I could see him working in an organization or as an analyst, but his playing days should be over.

Ah, the coded language used to describe intelligent black people.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Well we need a guy who occasionally drops the mits and stands up for his teammates, if its league minimum and you cant find someone better first I'd do it.

His play has really dropped off since leaving Philly, but he's also not 40. When you look a bit deeper, last year he was on 2 teams that struggled immensely with secondary scoring and with the preds he was a 4th liner I believe.

So thats why I wouldnt be shocked if the Leafs take him tbh, I can already see that and injuries as an excuse as to why he struggled the last 3 years by Dubas :laugh:

Last edited:

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
He's not what I want on my 4th line anymore.

4 lines are fast, they smother opposition, they get a couple hits in.

The "fast" part being the key.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
You don't want him on the 4th line. You'll be cursing his name in no time.

I genuinely think you only sign him if you value a "locker room presence" guy who you're comfortable scratching every game, or use on your 3rd line if your lineup is decimated.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
He's only 32 - and has been ground down by injuries for the past 3 years. Says right now is the healthiest he's felt in years. I know it's not uncommon for players to say that, but is it possible that injuries have been the cause for his decline, and if he's healthy again he can still contribute?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
You mean he's not going back to the Sabres? Good God that trade was baffling.

I don't mind a trade like that. They gave up a 5th to see if he would fit in on the Sabres.

They found out he didn't and that knowledge is valuable because it saves you from potentially signing him as a free agent.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't mind a trade like that. They gave up a 5th to see if he would fit in on the Sabres.

They found out he didn't and that knowledge is valuable because it saves you from potentially signing him as a free agent.
I prefer owning prospects. PTOs are available every year for veterans. Garbage time is for the young players IMO.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Shades of this classic...
16038140703_4976c5e9e7_o.jpg

Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad