Wayne Simmonds

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You can only watch him gain the zone, stop, not know what to do with the puck, and turn it over so many times

He should just be dumping the puck into the opposite corner for someone else to retrieve and going to the net when he has the puck in the neutral zone. He should be strictly forbidden from carrying it across the blueline unless he is on an odd-man rush at this point.

Reactions: Tripod and Rodu58

Rodu58

Nov 12, 2017
He should just be dumping the puck into the opposite corner for someone else to retrieve and going to the net when he has the puck in the neutral zone. He should be strictly forbidden from carrying it across the blueline unless he is on an odd-man rush at this point.
you see defenders get really aggressive with him because they know what he will do, its not even what he tends to do, its what he always does

Reactions: Rebels57

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Not that I necessarily disagree with the base premise of the OP, in that Fletcher really should be looking to trade Simmonds as soon as there’s a decent deal on the table, but man oh man, the disrespectful and dismissive fashion in which this guy gets attacked makes me want to vomit. Like it’s been said already, from heart and soul fan favourite to being a “piece of garbage” to be thrown away for a 4th rounder. Perhaps makes you wonder why he’d even want to try if he’s playing for fans like this.
Wouldn’t be shocking to see him put up 25+ goals next season on a better team that doesn’t still have the Hakstol stink and after a longer recovery period from core surgery. By then I’m sure you will have a new whipping boy anyway.

Reactions: JXC

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not that I necessarily disagree with the base premise of the OP, in that Fletcher really should be looking to trade Simmonds as soon as there’s a decent deal on the table, but man oh man, the disrespectful and dismissive fashion in which this guy gets attacked makes me want to vomit. Like it’s been said already, from heart and soul fan favourite to being a “piece of garbage” to be thrown away for a 4th rounder. Perhaps makes you wonder why he’d even want to try if he’s playing for fans like this.
Wouldn’t be shocking to see him put up 25+ goals next season on a better team that doesn’t still have the Hakstol stink and after a longer recovery period from core surgery. By then I’m sure you will have a new whipping boy anyway.

Did you watch last nights game?

He was f***ing PATHETIC.

It's not about being a whipping boy. He was truly awful last night and his complete lack of effort with 1 minute left in a tied game cost us a point.

I would give him away for free after last night, let alone a 4th rounder. He is an absolute boat anchor on any line he is on. Only way I would be okay with keeping him for the rest of the season is if he was demoted to the 4th line and taken off of the PP altogether.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic

I have to agree with this. Simmonds was always true leader on the Flyers, tremendously respected player around the league and probably the most liked player on the Flyers next to Giroux. He always left everything on the ice through his years here, fought for every player on the Flyers, put up plenty of very strong seasons. He was a building block of one of the best PP unit in the NHL for multiple seasons and considered as one of the best players around the net and power forward. Let's not forget it! That's why I am mentioning it. Let's show the respect that he deserves despite his recent play. (and yes, I don't like to be speaking in the past tense ...)

He's having terrible season, we all know it but as it's been said, he doesn't deserve this kind of hate around here... This is not meant that we cannot critics him for his awful play but we should do it with a little bit more respect, I think. This is not Manning or VDV.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The only thing disrespectful about Simmonds is how he gives up one puck battles and backchecking now.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lack of effort will ALWAYS cause fans to turn on a guy. Most of us have had favorites that were not as talented, but worked their ass off every night.

Simmonds was one of those guys for a bunch of years. But the last few, it's as if he started to think he was better than he was. And now, he is a shell of his former self....both in effort and results.

If he was busting his ass, and the results were not there, you would not see this backlash. You would see sorrow for a guy who has just lost "it". But half of what Simmonds has lost is on him....effort. And for that he deserves the backlash he is getting.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
From fan favorite to GTFO

Real quick
Well he did go from being healthy and playing on Giroux wing to being injured and playing with filppula. Drop of in his production was to be expected. We don't really know if he fully healed yet either

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

Woooah, you think this is a one off angry rant. Simmonds has been dogging it all year, last year he made the dumbest decision of his career in playing with an injury all season that would of taken a month to set straight. By putting himself on the ice, he was a detriment to the team. He's been flat out terrible all year, and quite frankly, it looks like he isn't bothered in the slightest. The powerplay currently stinks because he's missing so many set ups, he's losing board battles continuously, he's slow on the backcheck. Infact, he's just slow in general. Simmonds has never been a great skater, but he was never slow. His bambi legs got him where he needed to be. Unfortunately for whatever reason, he's falling apart on the ice. The effort he's put forth in the last couple of games has been disgraceful.

He either needs to admit he's injured, get fixed and get back on the ice, or he needs to sort his shit out. It's a contract year and at his current rate, no one is taking him.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
These are some terrible taeks here guys.

Do you really think that Simmonds, knowing what kind of warrior he's been for us while being ridiculously underpaid, would "dog" it?

His skills are declining and he's almost certainly playing hurt as usual. He needs to be traded but let's not be dumb and disrespectful about it.

Reactions: JXC and Felipe88

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Potentially resigning Simmonds would not only be a disservice to the team, it would be a disservice to Simmonds. He is a fan favorite who put together some great seasons here. Resigning him and having to watch him turn into AMac would be sad. Trade him, and give him a huge standing ovation in his eventual return. Then in 10 years give him a job as PK coach.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Why the f*** would he be playing hurt ? Season is over, and they are using him as a top winger and he’s a detriment. He is.def not hurt

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I doubt he is "hurt". But I also doubt he is playing with less effort than usual really... having watched him for so long.

But it is worth noting he did have core surgery over summer.

It would not shock me to see him bounce back next year and be a fair middle six winger at 5v5 and a good PP net-front guy.

But I simply don't want the Flyers to be the team to take a ~$5-6m dollar risk or so on finding out.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Why the **** would he be playing hurt ? Season is over, and they are using him as a top winger and he’s a detriment. He is.def not hurt

Why wouldn't he play hurt?

Simmonds wasn't this bad early in the season. I think his play has taken a marked turn for the worse since the Oleksiak fight.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Crazy thing is that over past two years PEBs nerdstats arent all that different compared to Simmer :shakehead

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
799 career games will take a toll on a guy. And Simmons’s isn’t the kind of guy to loaf.

Reactions: Felipe88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->