Confirmed with Link: Wayne Simmonds nominated for Messier award

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Messier NHL Leadership Award finalists unveiled

"Simmonds, 29, scored 24 goals for the Flyers, his fifth straight season with 24 or more goals, to help them to their eighth Stanley Cup Playoff berth in 11 years. During every other Flyers home game, Simmonds hosted a different military unit in a private suite and met each group at the end of the evening. He also reached out to a group of hockey players from the United States Air Force to invite them to practice and skated with them after their tour of duty. He has been on the board of directors for the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation since 2014 while hosting Wayne's Road Hockey Warriors to help grow the sport in his hometown of Scarborough, Ontario, since 2012."

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
This is a stupid award, but it'd be great if Simmonds were able to win it. If anything, we can add that to the list of squandered recognized talents by DH.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I had and alert on my phone that only showed Engelland (VGK), Simmons (PHI) and cut off the rest and I thought it was a trade announcement!

The Messier award should go to whoever eats potato chips the creepiest.

messier.gif

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I had and alert on my phone that only showed Engelland (VGK), Simmons (PHI) and cut off the rest and I thought it was a trade announcement!

The Messier award should go to whoever eats potato chips the creepiest.

View attachment 116629

Two thoughts from that gif- 1) kinda reminds me of the bud ice commercials with the doobie-doobie-do penguin; b) Messier looks like one of those old cast iron penny banks, lever in the back releases the spring-loaded arm to put penny/potato chip in gaping open mouth.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm imagining a gif from Hellraiser where all the Cenobites step out of the shadows and then that gif is tacked on the end. :laugh:

Reactions: Magua

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->