Wayne Gretzky Impressed with Sens

mranderson

Oct 17, 2012
Pretty sure his last game was against Pittsburgh.

Yup. The Oilers have drafted a few good players outside the first round that seem to be neglected outside Edmonton.

Ack, yeah. I guess it was his last game in Canada, as pointed out by those above me.

Hopefully I'm allowed to use senility as an excuse.

Spex

Feb 2, 2009
I'm not religious or anything, but having God on our side is good right?

John Holmes*

I was there.

I also snuck in to his press conference after the game.

He didn't say much, just that he was going to "do the right thing" then he made his way to a limo and that was that.

I honestly feel bad for Wayne sometimes. That guy can not go anywhere without some superfan getting up in his grill.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
i remember that game clearly. riding in the elevator beforehand we bumped into al strachan. it was still a little unclear if he WOULD in fact be retiring, and i asked him "is he going", and strachan kinda looked at me, put his head down, and nodded. i think people kinda knew, but it wasn't entirely confirmed at that point if memory serves.

it was a memorable night. janet was bawling on the screen at the end and i remember paulina was this tiny little blonde kid with geeky looking glasses. she's matured nicely since then.....

John Holmes*

Yeah there was a lot unsaid because he wanted to acknowledge the last game in Canada, but make the official announcement in New York.

It was kind of like the Jason Giambi presser where he apologized to the fans without ever saying why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad