Wayne and Mario's sons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Hey guys dont recall ever seeing a thread on here about this.....at least in a long time........By my math Gretzkys sons are 15 and 12 or 13 and Marios son must be about the same age as gretzkys younger son.

With that said.........do these kids play hockey at all?????
If they do are they going to be any good at it? Do they play high level hockey?
Will they be good enough to play junior or College somwhere?
Does anyone have any stats on any of them?

Any help appreciated as I find it very interesting that this hasnt come up in quite a while that ive been coming here.

Thanks.

Millions Livio

Nov 3, 2005
Dayton, Ohio
If I recall Mario's son is around seven to nine years old. I don't think he plays hockey at all. Not 100% on that at all, but I'm pretty sure that's right.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Jaded-Fan said:
Ok, how long until we see the (fill in the blank's) son > (fill in the blank's) son?

Thanks, I do not want to see any of that.........I simply want to see if these kids are going to be players.......if they are going to be prospects.........or if they even play.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Thanks, I do not want to see any of that.........I simply want to see if these kids are going to be players.......if they are going to be prospects.........or if they even play.

Those sort of things cut both ways. Mario had a brother who played . . .well sort of. I think Wayne did too. Genetics only goes so far, and that name would weigh heavy on those kids. But they have a college scholarship now if they want, all of them, if they can skate and not fall down, just by their names.

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005
Jaded-Fan said:
Those sort of things cut both ways. Mario had a brother who played . . .well sort of. I think Wayne did too.

Wayne ane Brent Gretzky are the highest scoring brother combo in NHL history!

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
So as it sits right now no one really knows much of anything about Mario or Wayne's sons and wether they play house league or AAA or are going to be able to be even called a prospect?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Young Austin Lemieux wears number 66 and plays for a Pittsburgh hockey team known as the Pittsburgh South Pointe Rink Rats. Austin is Lemieux's nine-year-old son.

I got it right from the horse's mouth. Er, the young player's mouth, at the recent Preston International Hockey Tournament.

"I'm not retiring," a shy little boy replied to my question, "it's my dad."

A very polite and quiet youngster, who proudly wears the same number as his father, has no intentions of retiring from his atom triple-A team. He wants to be just like his dad. Good for you, Austin. Your father has been a real credit to the hockey world

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/cam/news/news_516394.html

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Jaded-Fan said:
Young Austin Lemieux wears number 66 and plays for a Pittsburgh hockey team known as the Pittsburgh South Pointe Rink Rats. Austin is Lemieux's nine-year-old son.

I got it right from the horse's mouth. Er, the young player's mouth, at the recent Preston International Hockey Tournament.

"I'm not retiring," a shy little boy replied to my question, "it's my dad."

A very polite and quiet youngster, who proudly wears the same number as his father, has no intentions of retiring from his atom triple-A team. He wants to be just like his dad. Good for you, Austin. Your father has been a real credit to the hockey world

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/cam/news/news_516394.html

Thanks, that tells me he is playing AAA at least....hes only 9 ah i thought he would have been 12 or so.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Last I read (a Globe and Mail article sometime since the season started), Ty Gretzky was playing prep school hockey in Arizona. I believe if you do a simple google search with his name you will find the links to the school/hockey info.

KariyaIsGod*

taunting canadian said:
Wayne ane Brent Gretzky are the highest scoring brother combo in NHL history!

That's funny, but at the same time it's true...

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
If they do are they going to be any good at it?

Hockey doesn't transfer through children always.

Though Steen and Borques kid's have made it to a high level (and Steen to the NHL), look at the ones who made it nowhere like Belfours kid, or Rick Vaive's kid - both are horrible

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Metallian said:
Hockey doesn't transfer through children always.

Though Steen and Borques kid's have made it to a high level (and Steen to the NHL), look at the ones who made it nowhere like Belfours kid, or Rick Vaive's kid - both are horrible
Rick Vaive im going to go out on a limb and say wasnt really in the same class as Gretzky or Lemieux so who cares how good his kid is anyways.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Rick Vaive im going to go out on a limb and say wasnt really in the same class as Gretzky or Lemieux so who cares how good his kid is anyways.

a lot of people on these boards i've heard clamor about how amazing Vaive is, how he should be in the Hall, and how great his kid will be (his stats were bloated from playing with Tavares)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad