Prospect Info: Way too early 2020 draft options

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
IF they get 13 or 14OA...

Only from what I’ve read, I hope they nab one of Askarov, Jarvis or Zary. I also am holding out irrational hope that Lundell falls to them.

Lundell is #12 on Bob McKenzie's final rankings so it may not be too irrational. Heck it is not impossible that one of Perfetti or Rossi drops to #13 given Caufield's fall and NHL GM's tendency to avoid smaller players. There could be a lot of projecting going on with the season cut short, I hope at least a few GMs reach for guys early on.

If Rossi (#7 on McKenzie's list) dropped to any range within reach I'd throw down a couple 2nds to move up. He's a beast.

My ranking at #13/14 at this point would be Rossi > Perfetti > Askarov > Lundell > Jarvis = Amirov = Khusnutdinov > Gunler = Quinn > Holloway = Zary = Mercer

Last edited:

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Well we’ve got a bit more of an idea where we’ll be potentially picking now.

62.5% chance at pick #13
25% chance of pick #14
12.5% chance of no 1st round pick this year (Leafs win lottery and we get 2021 1st instead)

So who we taking???
Some guy next year? :( because the ping pong balls are fickle.

Reactions: DaveG

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You bastards have an early teens pick? Talk about living right!
Askarov, Mercer, Or Amirov sounds pretty good to me. Trading up might work, too. Since you have no immediate need for Dmen, you can always take one of those Euro project Dmen like Grans or Wallinder that need time to develop, but might end up being something special.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
You bastards have an early teens pick? Talk about living right!
Askarov, Mercer, Or Amirov sounds pretty good to me. Trading up might work, too. Since you have no immediate need for Dmen, you can always take one of those Euro project Dmen like Grans or Wallinder that need time to develop, but might end up being something special.

12.5% chance we don’t have a 1st; 87.5% we get 13 or 14. :)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You get numb after a while. We just pretend Victor is a sick pet, and ignore Parise. Zuccarello....won't lie, that one stings.

Reactions: zman77 and DaveG

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
We had to live with Patrick Marleau for a while for it. We don't want to talk about it.

YOU don't want to talk about it.
Marleau black.jpg

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
we have be so volume heavy lately that perhaps it would be prudent to consider moving up if you have a target you really love. this borg thing we have doesn't strike me as a "draft a goalie" type. we've treated that position like an afterthought for the most part
If they have someone they love and they can move up, cool. I think they'll probably stay put. While I wouldn't mind Askarov at all should he fall, I agree that a lot of people seem to be in love with the thought of drafting him and I don't think we will.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
we have be so volume heavy lately that perhaps it would be prudent to consider moving up if you have a target you really love. this borg thing we have doesn't strike me as a "draft a goalie" type. we've treated that position like an afterthought for the most part
since the draft is so deep and from 8-17 is so wide open on who is better, I wonder if we are more likely to down in the first to get more picks. I can see us playing Chicago or Edmonton in trading up for Askarov and getting more assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad