Watching WCH highlights...

Status
Not open for further replies.

High flyin' Habs*

BruinStuckInTheEye said:
I used to like Cole too but Cuthbert is better to me now for some reason. Cole has that old time sound which is nice sometimes but Chris just really gets into it.

Thats exactly what I like about Cole, its his voice its fun to hear but Cuthbert is also a good comentator.

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
Finally realized what Cole's call of Vinny's goal reminded me of.

"61,62,63...OMG! He ran out of air. I've sent my grandson to a watery grav...64! HE FOUND THE TREASURE!" - Abraham Simpson

:lol:

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Cuthbert >>>>>>> Cole

Not even close IMO.

Cole can't even get the names right anymore. And when the name finally comes to mind, that player doesn't even have the puck anymore. He does that A LOT !!

That and calling players the wrong name, even if they're not in the building. In the playoffs, he referred to Kiprusoff as Aebischer about 4 times in a row.

Cuthbert has enthusiasm and no biases. Cole & Neale have their heads so far up the Leafs and Mario's butt, its not even funny. Lemieux gives Iginla a pass that doesn't even come close and they'll say "Lemieux with the great pass but Iginla couldn't handle it". It makes me sick sometimes how they make every play or pass sound like it was magic, even when its a simple drop pass. Anyway, I'm done ranting about these clowns.

RJ8812*

Harry Neale and Bob Cole are the 2 worst announcers in sports. They mess up all the players and mispronounce names all the time. Though sometime they say some funny stuff, like cole and his "half ass" comment about the leafs play vs philly in last years playoffs (7-2 game) and harry when canada was playing Russia and a canadian player went skates first into the goalie and he said "If he takes anymore run ins like that, he likely to get a vasectomy"

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Cole has *long* been past his expiry date, and the jokers at CBC are doing him a disfavour by continuing to push his rocker up to the microphone. All it's doing is ruining his reputation.

And they keep extending his contract. Drives me nuts.

revolverjgw

Oct 6, 2003
Nova Scotia
I LOVE Cole, his voice still sounds so epic and regal, always will, no matter how worn the circuitry is. I don't care about the player mistakes, they just make me giggle. Giggling is good. And I don't care about the occasional mistakes with the play by play because I can see what's going on myself anyway. Cuthbert's a great guy with a lot of passion, but his voice just sounds so vanilla.

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
revolverjgw said:
I LOVE Cole, his voice still sounds so epic and regal, always will, no matter how worn the circuitry is. I don't care about the player mistakes, they just make me giggle. Giggling is good. And I don't care about the occasional mistakes with the play by play because I can see what's going on myself anyway. Cuthbert's a great guy with a lot of passion, but his voice just sounds so vanilla.

Like I said, Cole does have that old time sound which is nice sometimes. But I don't think Cuthbert is vanilla. He got me excited about the USA team against Russia and I would never root for the red, white and blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad