OT: Watching SC Finals in Oslo

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
Greetings, fellow NYR fans from Norway! I'm going to be in Oslo for 3 days from June 10th -> 13th with my friend Holly and I was wondering if there was a place we could watch the Cup games which will presumably be on during our stay there. Also, we'd love recommendations on places to stay while we're in Oslo.

I'm really looking forward to celebrating the success of the NYR and of course Mats Zuccarello-Aasen while we're in Norway!

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Bars close at 3am (9pm EST), so you won't be able to watch the full games there. Afternoon games should be fine and on in every sports bar.

Most hotels have good wifi. Streams should work fine. There will probably also be private viewing parties, which you could get an invite to. PM med for further info.

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Greetings, fellow NYR fans from Norway! I'm going to be in Oslo for 3 days from June 10th -> 13th with my friend Holly and I was wondering if there was a place we could watch the Cup games which will presumably be on during our stay there. Also, we'd love recommendations on places to stay while we're in Oslo.

I'm really looking forward to celebrating the success of the NYR and of course Mats Zuccarello-Aasen while we're in Norway!

Welcome to Oslo Khelvan ! Hope you have a nice stay

Tempest (http://www.tempest.no/) is open to 3.30 a.m. If the homegame vs. CHI/LA 11 th. june starts 7 p.m or 7.30 p.m local time NY (1 a.m- 1.30 a.m time Oslo) you could be able to watch the whole game. (If 8 p.m you will only be able to watch the 2 first periods)

I recommend you to use hotels.com (or booking.com) for booking hotel in Oslo. There are the best deals (I use to work in a hotel in Oslo) and a lot of reviews. Airport is 50 minutes with car from downtown and 25 minutes with speed-train. Try to stay away from hotels on the east side, but is still a very safe city.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010

if it's an early game this one will probably show as well, if you don't mind all the fake Bruins memoralia on the walls: http://www.olearys.no/karljohan.
They close early a 1 am, but untill then you have good burgers and big screens, and i'ts on the main street of Karl Johan just between the castle and the government building. If you have plenty of time you could maybe take a trip to were Mats grew up in the eastern part, at VÃ¥lerenga, Jordal and Kampen, where our national arena that he played as a kid lays. Looks like a beached whale, at Jordal. Some good Places to eat, and guite some pubs in different shades of brown, up to just brownish.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Welcome to Oslo Khelvan ! Hope you have a nice stay

Tempest (http://www.tempest.no/) is open to 3.30 a.m. If the homegame vs. CHI/LA 11 th. june starts 7 p.m or 7.30 p.m local time NY (1 a.m- 1.30 a.m time Oslo) you could be able to watch the whole game. (If 8 p.m you will only be able to watch the 2 first periods)

I recommend you to use hotels.com (or booking.com) for booking hotel in Oslo. There are the best deals (I use to work in a hotel in Oslo) and a lot of reviews. Airport is 50 minutes with car from downtown and 25 minutes with speed-train. Try to stay away from hotels on the east side, but is still a very safe city.

This sound good. It's a LFC Place?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad