Watching Lightning on NHL package

fritobandito2

Jul 2, 2014
Many of us cut the cable.

I would pay to watch Lightning games on the net. I believe local games are blacked out.

Can I have my mom sign up NHL package in Boston and use her login info down here?

Or do I have to go to an out of country proxy site?

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida

I would pay to watch Lightning games on the net. I believe local games are blacked out.

Can I have my mom sign up NHL package in Boston and use her login info down here?

Are you referring to Game Center Live? If so yes, you can be logged in from multiple locations. I forgot how many log ins are the limit. 5 stands out to me.

tempusfugitwf

Jul 10, 2014

I have no idea about if your credit card information is used to determine location for blackout purposes. But I do know they use IP, since they do that for free games. No need to use an out of country proxy, a US based one will do just as well, just as long as it's showing you're not in the Tampa Bay region, as defined for blackout purposes

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I have no idea about if your credit card information is used to determine location for blackout purposes. But I do know they use IP, since they do that for free games. No need to use an out of country proxy, a US based one will do just as well, just as long as it's showing you're not in the Tampa Bay region, as defined for blackout purposes

A foreign one will likely get you nationally televised games though.

fritobandito2

Jul 2, 2014
Game Center live

I assume I can not sign up here in Orlando and get live games for TB.

If I sign up in Boston, does Game Center recognize a local IP address for my computer and block me?

I am not sure I got a correct response.

There must be others out there trying to get games on the net or with a NHL package.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It doesn't matter where you are when you create the account or subscribe. It's where you are when you try to watch the game off their site. That's why you need a VPN if you're in Orlando. That way you can fake your location to look like you're trying to watch the game from out of state.

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
I'd say your best bet is to get the NHL Gamecenter package (if that's the road you were headed down anyway), download a free VPN service (Google has one called Hola that is easy to use and pretty reliable), then sign in to that service whenever you want to watch a game.

Gamecenter Live is 100% IP address, so if you're anywhere that gets Sun Sports, you'll be blacked out unless you use a VPN.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
I get GCL while I'm still here in Kansas. Only negative is the delay of 60-90 seconds which means no posting/reading forums except intermission. I'm moving down to C Florida early next year so I'll obviously have to get some type of cable package then

BTW.. how does it work down there? Do the cable packages in Orlando or Tampa include all of the games?

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
BTW.. how does it work down there? Do the cable packages in Orlando or Tampa include all of the games?

Yeah, Fox Sun Sports here in Tampa carries most of the games. It's part of any decent cable package. The other games are on NBCSN (nationally televised), which is also a common channel to carry.

I don't know about Orlando, but I assume it's the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad