OT: Watching Hockey?? What's in your hand??

4th line energy guy

Jul 8, 2010
Budweiser in one hand, bong in the other. Cigarettes at the intermission and girlfriend cooking dinner. DAMNITIWANTOFFWORKNOW

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Budweiser in one hand, bong in the other. Cigarettes at the intermission and girlfriend cooking dinner. DAMNITIWANTOFFWORKNOW

Don't you know you can't smoke weed and drink the same night? It's ****ED.

TPB_RIcky.jpeg

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto
Does it matter to you I find Rickard's Red disgusting? :P

What's disgusting is all the people here that like white beer. Give me a strong IPA or a nice amber anyday but keep that wheat **** away from me. And you can never go wrong with a good whisky rocks.*

*You can go very wrong if you have too many

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Usually Bow Valley Strong because I'm really broke and like being drunk.

If I have some extra cash, Jack and coke.

Last edited:

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Equal parts tequila and coconut water, with a fresh squeezed tangerine (if available) or lime.
That's what I'll drink at home where the ingredients are available.

If I'm at the bar, Jamieson and ginger, splash of bitters, or in honour of my Canadian roots, I'll order the odd Labatt's Blue (the only Cdn beer they serve at my local sports bar here in the LA area). I'd never drink Blue otherwise.

EDDIE20*

When I was 19, it was Molson Canadian all the way. It was Molson (big time involved in the NHL and an HNIC sponsor at the time, iirc) and Canadian (woot Canada!) all in one bottle. It was a few years until I realized that MC was essentially the Budweiser of Canada (taste wise) and will now only drink it if it's ice cold and my only option.

Lately I've been enjoying Granville Island Winter Ale or Okanagan Springs Black or 1516. In my old age I'm acquiring a taste for straight scotch too, when the mood is right. I have a 12 year Glenfiddich in the cupboard, but my favorite in my scotch exploration so far has been 18 year Glengoyne.

Man, Granville Winter Ale is the ****! Love the stuff! Hard to get ahold of in Ontario for some reason. The liquor store is constantly sold out of the limited quantity they have.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
As a member of CAMRA, and let's be honest, as a bit of a beer snob, I find this thread depressing.

I was going to say that I was happy that unlike most threads like this, this one hasn't turned into a pissing contest among the beer snobs about who drinks the most obscure beer. :p

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
I was going to say that I was happy that unlike most threads like this, this one hasn't turned into a pissing contest among the beer snobs about who drinks the most obscure beer. :p

I made this thread to show my wife I'm not an alcoholic cuz I drink when watching the nucks play. now she thinks all fans are alcoholics :shakehead

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC

Lol. Fair enough.

Though I feel like I have to point out that quality, locally brewed craft beer isn't really obscure these days. Thank god.

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
Damn thats close to mine. being a cheap *******, its usually R&R rye, kirkland brand spiced rum and Kirkland brand coke. Sadly, the diet I am on means no more sugar, and no grains, so no beer. So all I can drink within the confines of the diet is red wine. The good news is I am down 20 lbs from my high, and down about 12 in 2 weeks.

Scotch and soda with a twist of lime. No carbs, no sugar. (I'm on a similiar diet and miss the great hopped up brews available these days).

BTW - one oz of single malt whiskey has only 70 calories.

AlexandreBurrows

Mar 17, 2009
Vancouver
Favourite beer right now is Driftwoods Brewerie's (from Victoria), Farmhand Ale. I don't know how many places have it but a liquor store near me (Cat and Fiddle's Liquor store in Port Coquitlam). Comes in a 700mL bottle or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad