OT: Watching Hockey?? What's in your hand??

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
OK assuming you are 19+ and watching your beloved Canucks on tv or at a sports bar what is your preferred adult beverage to enhance the game? I used to be a Molson Canadian man but now im a rye n coke kinda guy. So what's in your hand?? :cheers:

my preferred game time drink - 1 oz captain morgan's spiced rum, 1 oz Crown Royal, 2 ice cubs, and a can of coca cola classic in a tall glass.

Pseudonymous*

1664 Blanc for beer

532877_10150817377773862_7362639_n.jpg

Crown/Ginger is a good drink but gin/tonic + lime is my preferred

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Right now it's a Bowen Island Hemp Blonde Ale, not bad at all. Usually it's a beer of some sort. Exactly which one depends on what looked interesting in the liquor store last time I was there.

Cupless

Aug 26, 2005
When I was 19, it was Molson Canadian all the way. It was Molson (big time involved in the NHL and an HNIC sponsor at the time, iirc) and Canadian (woot Canada!) all in one bottle. It was a few years until I realized that MC was essentially the Budweiser of Canada (taste wise) and will now only drink it if it's ice cold and my only option.

Lately I've been enjoying Granville Island Winter Ale or Okanagan Springs Black or 1516. In my old age I'm acquiring a taste for straight scotch too, when the mood is right. I have a 12 year Glenfiddich in the cupboard, but my favorite in my scotch exploration so far has been 18 year Glengoyne.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
If I can find it, Cold Smoke Scottish Ale. I don't think it's sold east of Montana.

Would love to try a Hopworks Cascadian Dark Ale. I've heard nothing but great things about it, but again- I'm too far east to find it.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Rickard's White, GI Hefeweizen/lager/pale ale, OK Springs pale ale, sometimes Corona in hotter months. Depends on my mood, or what's on sale at the liquor store, or what's on tap at the pub.

Sundays either Guiness or Kilkenny.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
I'm drinking a lot of the green Cariboos from PWB these days, that is a good cheap brew.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
OK assuming you are 19+ and watching your beloved Canucks on tv or at a sports bar what is your preferred adult beverage to enhance the game? I used to be a Molson Canadian man but now im a rye n coke kinda guy. So what's in your hand?? :cheers:

my preferred game time drink - 1 oz captain morgan's spiced rum, 1 oz Crown Royal, 2 ice cubs, and a can of coca cola classic in a tall glass.

Damn thats close to mine. being a cheap *******, its usually R&R rye, kirkland brand spiced rum and Kirkland brand coke. Sadly, the diet I am on means no more sugar, and no grains, so no beer. So all I can drink within the confines of the diet is red wine. The good news is I am down 20 lbs from my high, and down about 12 in 2 weeks.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB

What's in my hand? Usually my iPhone; logged into HFboards.

With the games starting a hour later here and having two young kids I don't usually have anything to drink except water or pop. But if I do it's a rum (Appleton's) and Pepsi or a Long Island iced tea.

Beer gives me the bloats and I feel gross. Tastes good but alas it just doesn't sit well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->