Watching Habs games - alone or with friends/in a group?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Which film review site? And I totally agree, we'd all have a common interest and lots to talk about. Also beer.

http://www.thirdeyefilm.com/phpBB2/

It's been around for nine years. There used to be about 100 regular writers posting stuff every day, now it's down to a couple of dozen. You can find me under the same name, "Lshap". Feel free to register - I'll be the one activating it.

Funny - my involvement there tailed off as my involvement on this board begun.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Alone, in the dark, often whilst thinking I have to be up for work in 3/4 hours time.

You guys in NA make me jealous.

I feel for you man, I've lived in France for 5 years :cry:.
Back to the hometown now though. :nod:

Preferably alone or with people who talk only when neccesary

i like alone so i can really watch it. but the occasional bar to enjoy the good vibes and drink a bit. if it's a good game at the bar, i'll rewatch it the next day alone.

I watch the games alone.
Wife gets annoyed when I watch the games.
Sometimes my daughter (2 years old) watches with me.

Same here (except I don't own any children).
Sometimes I do watch it with friends, but my body language makes sure they understand the game is the center of attention.

habsfansincebirth3

Apr 7, 2013
Toronto
I watch Habs on tv at home with my husband (although he doesn't really watch it - he's a Canucks fan) and I occasionally go to bars to watch games but there's never usually any other Habs fans. The only bar that is awesome to go to that has many many Habs fans is Kilgour's in Toronto. I went for my birthday one year and it was packed!

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Alone mostly, but sometimes with friends. I like to really concentrate on the game, so I prefer watching alone. Unless its playoff hockey... then its all about friends and booze.

ashtraygirl

Nov 22, 2008
Montreal
75% of the time I watch the games alone. Gotta PVR them due to work schedule and getting home without finding out the score is always an adventure.

Usually catch Saturday night games with friends at various pubs, with varying levels of inebriation ensuing...

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
I watch with my brother we always have to sit it in the same spot wear the same shirts we wore for the last win and there can be no interruptions. Superstitious yes but when it works why change it?

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Since hubby is NOT a fan of hockey, I'm normally banished to the basement television where I watch (and cheer) alone although my younger daughter joins me at times.

Would love to join fellow Habs fans at a bar / café, but feel shy about showing up alone and not knowing anyone.

Drool !!!!!!

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
I'm way too passionate and focused on everything that's going on the ice that I don't like watching games with more than 1 or 2 other people. I'm the most diehard fan in my family and friends so I always end up being the one the most happy or angry. I can only figure that HF reunities the most diehard fans of the team.

During playoffs though i don't hate being with more people because the fever has caught them, and begin around other = less nail bitting because you're distracted.

That bring memories of how crazy I looked during that game 7 against the pens watching it with people who could'nt care less. I broke the rocking chair because i would get up a little too quick whatever what would happen during that game.

Last edited:

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
I have never met another Habs fan in person in my life, so alone it is.

Besides, it's not like anyone would bring friends over to watch a hockey game at 1 AM anyway. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad