Watching Habs games - alone or with friends/in a group?

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
Depends on who they're playing. Living in Toronto it's pretty tough to get people to watch a Habs game on a Tuesday night vs. the Islanders when the Leafs are playing, and most of my friends (actually all) are Leaf fans. So sometimes alone.

But when they are playing the Leafs, it's a madhouse.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
use to watch with friends, but sometimes work/research calls...

currently, alone but I only miss the big celebrations such as the bruins/habs comeback. that game would have been a blast...and the playoffs.

oh well, life calls.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
use to watch with friends, but sometimes work/research calls...

currently, alone but I only miss the big celebrations such as the bruins/habs comeback. that game would have been a blast...and the playoffs.

oh well, life calls.

Research? What kind of research do you do?

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
I only go out with my hockey buddies like 30-40% of the time because I've been saving up on unnecessary expenses for a trip next year.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I usually watch alone in my room so I can pay attention, sometimes with my dad and sometimes for sat night games me and my 1 hab friend watch it and drink. Most of my friends are leaf and bruin fans and if I watched the game with them it would end in a fist fight, no joke especially if beer is involved. They are the idiotic my team is great and can do no wrong type of fans which I have 0 time for.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Alone so I can focus on games more

Same thing with Patriots NFL games. Cant have anyone bothering me lol

x15Kotkaniemi15x

May 22, 2011
Toronto
Alone, or with the family. (All hab fans) Or with my best friend whos also a habs fan (when im home and have the chance)
Wouldnt have it any other way.

Last edited:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Usually alone, when you watch with friends you don't really get a chance to focus on the game too closely. But for the playoffs, usually with friends.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
With my four ferrets.

217945_10152061457180387_1075704093_n.jpg

ILUVTHISGAME

May 10, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Since hubby is NOT a fan of hockey, I'm normally banished to the basement television where I watch (and cheer) alone although my younger daughter joins me at times.

Would love to join fellow Habs fans at a bar / café, but feel shy about showing up alone and not knowing anyone.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
I ship the wife upstairs to watch TV in the bedroom and I watch every game with my dog in French even though my French is mediocre at best.

All Laff and Wing fans around where I live so I would rather watch the game alone and text my friend in Montreal who is a big Habs fan during the game.

When I get pumped and usually 100% during the playoffs I am found standing the entire game about 8 feet from the TV. The guy across the street always laughs at me because he can see me through the window standing in front of the TV yelling and jumping around all by myself.

Edit: For those that get to watch the game with their Dad....enjoy it! I really miss those days. Hopefully I have a son soon so I can watch the game with him!

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Usually alone... sometimes with my friends.. I hate to watch the game if you don't have the sounds to go with it... Don't like watching sporting events in bars...

i always keep a close eye on my computer .. fantasy leagues or HF boards

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Alone in front of my computer which is also my TV. Listening to my upstairs neighbor yell at his TV when the Habs screw up or get scored on is hilarious.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Since hubby is NOT a fan of hockey, I'm normally banished to the basement television where I watch (and cheer) alone although my younger daughter joins me at times.

Would love to join fellow Habs fans at a bar / café, but feel shy about showing up alone and not knowing anyone.

1: go to la cage when there's a game on
2: sit at the bar
3: have a few drinks
4: ???
5: make friends!
:yo:

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
I prefer alone, I get loud. Can't watch with friends who want to talk about other things during the game. There's maybe 2-3 friends I don't mind watching with, because they're actually watching the game.

I also hate watching at sports bars that don't have sound.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I don't know if you guys are down, but I think we should get an HF meet-up going for at least one playoff game this year. Will Whiskey succumb to alcohol poisoning while cursing Stubbsy and Gionta with the his dying breath? Will overloards' dry, German sense of humour translate in real life? We'll see.

Last edited:

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I'm in Toronto, so there's only Kilgours, haven't been there this season. Watch almost every game, about half the time watch home alone, half the time joined by local Habs fans, sometimes a manageable leafer comes by.

A bubbly non-fan is the merde though, fun but frustrating and intensity-skewing. When I watch alone I intermission on boards, looking at stats, other games, my pool, social media etc. Have a decent watching setup, PM if you're in Toronto.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Usually it's at home with my brother and his girlfriend for regular season games. If we're getting owned and I'm in a bad mood I'll stomp off to my room to watch it alone and hand out infractions here ;)

In the playoffs usually a bunch of friends get together and we watch it at somebody's house. Don't normally go to bars, but once or twice a year we'll go as a group. Haven't done so this year though.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Usually with my Mom & Dad.
Lately it's been with them or with my girlfriend.
Play-offs will be my family, my best friend and my girlfriend.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Mostly watch games with my wife because she's an insanely rabid fan. It's great, but she tends to get hypersensitive whenever Gallagher or Desharnais get checked.

Sometimes alone at La Cage or a bar.

Have to admit I kinda miss watching games with the guys. It's a whole different dynamic than with Mrs. Lshap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad