Watching Habs games - alone or with friends/in a group?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Out of curiosity, when watching our beloved Habs on TV, do you typically watch alone or do you catch games with a bunch of friends/family members?

I'm jealous of all you guys who live in Montreal and likely have tons of friends who are diehard Habs fans to watch games with. That's one of the crappy things about living in Southwestern Ontario (grew up near Montreal, left when I was 18) is that the majority of the people here are either Leafs or Wings fans.

My wife watches games with me, and over the years she's become a pretty big Habs fan, but I still sometimes wish there were more Habs fans down here! Nothing like watching games (especially playoffs) with a bunch of fellow diehards.

So, what about you guys? Watch with friends? Family members? Alone while on HF Boards?

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
by myself, naked or in a bathrobe. and once in a while i go "im ready for you carey"

it's at seven in the morning so what do you expect

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
Out of curiosity, when watching our beloved Habs on TV, do you typically watch alone or do you catch games with a bunch of friends/family members?

I'm jealous of all you guys who live in Montreal and likely have tons of friends who are diehard Habs fans to watch games with. That's one of the crappy things about living in Southwestern Ontario (grew up near Montreal, left when I was 18) is that the majority of the people here are either Leafs or Wings fans.

My wife watches games with me, and over the years she's become a pretty big Habs fan, but I still sometimes wish there were more Habs fans down here! Nothing like watching games (especially playoffs) with a bunch of fellow diehards.

So, what about you guys? Watch with friends? Family members? Alone while on HF Boards?

Every single game with friends on the second floor of my friend's garage :yo:.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
When I live in Montreal I try to catch as many games as I can at my buddy's place. Beers and banter is had with a few of my childhood best friends, it's fun as hell. When I'm abroad it's a very sad melange: games which start at 2am, GDTs, bad contraband whiskey, e-banter, and it usually ends with me drunk and naked.

by myself, naked or in a bathrobe. and once in a while i go "im ready for you carey"

it's at seven in the morning so what do you expect

Yeah. Price maybe hasn't ever stolen a game but he's definitely stolen your heart.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Alone with you guys OR with friends at a bar/restaurant without you guys.

I actually prefer watching alone since I can analyze way better.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I watch most of the games with my dad, with the laptop close-by so that I can see what's being said by other fans (HFBoards). If not, I either watch the games at a bar with a bunch of friends or call some buddies so they come over to my place. I definitely prefer watching games with family or friends than alone.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I don't have many friends in my personal life. The one good friend that I do have is a Pens fan, so traditionally we hang out when it's the Pens vs. the Habs. Other than that, I'm always at home with Mrs. CS and our three kiddies. Not bad company, by any stretch.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
With friends. Alone is fine. But with friends, you can joke around more. Talk about hockey. Drinks. And if things are going sour, well, misery loves company, or you have something else to talk/joke about.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I don't have many friends in my personal life. The one good friend that I do have is a Pens fan, so traditionally we hang out when it's the Pens vs. the Habs. Other than that, I'm always at home with Mrs. CS and our three kiddies. Not bad company, by any stretch.

I'll be your friend...

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Depends. Sometimes alone at home, sometimes alone at the café when trying to do homework, sometimes with my dad, sometimes with my uncle and grandfather and other times with my friends.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Used to have a few habs buddies when I was in my home province of NB. Now i'm in Toronto and am faced with the same problem as you. I'm trying to get my girlfriend in to it but it's pretty much a lost cause. She has no interest. So, I watch alone :(

Well, the GDT keeps me company! Watching with Habs fans would be my obvious first choice!

dreamingofdrouin*

Alone...always alone in my room....i can't handle other people around when i'm watching them....those emotions are between me and the habs.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Used to usually be with my wife, but now that's she's pregnant she doesn't want bad mojo for the fetus by hearing me scream at the TV! haha!

Although it's gotten better recently, I pre-warned her last night that Chris Lee was reffing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad