OT: Watcha watchin'?

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Community got added to Netflix, so we started that.

I want to watch Ozark, but it doesn't interest my wife and it's not the kind of show you watch while the kids are awake. So I'm only a few episodes in, and it's been a while since I've even watched those.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I really enjoyed Vikings up through season 3ish. It's just got too soap opera-esque for me to keep watching it. I may give it another go.

I am immensely enjoying Ozark so far. I'm actually watching the second season opener right now. Jason Bateman is killing it but whoever it is playing Ruth Langmore steals the show every time shes on screen.

Reactions: raynman

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I really enjoyed Vikings up through season 3ish. It's just got too soap opera-esque for me to keep watching it. I may give it another go.

I am immensely enjoying Ozark so far. I'm actually watching the second season opener right now. Jason Bateman is killing it but whoever it is playing Ruth Langmore steals the show every time shes on screen.
Agreed. She’s fantastic.

I’m just starting Longmire. Only 2 episodes in so I’ll give it a chance, but so far not terribly impressed.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Bosch is back on!

although we have to finish Outlander before starting the next season :(. Im not a fan.

the english game was pretty decent if you’re interested in the start of soccer (football)

Poldark was up and down. Good series though.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I admit I fell for the hype and plan on watching the Jordan/Bulls documentary. While I was never a huge NBA fan, I grew up a Pistons fan and followed it during the mid-late 80s into the 90s when the Lakers/Celtics were going at it, then when the Pistons won a couple titles, before Jordan finally got over the hump and dominated.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The film crew that was filming The Last Dance is the same film crew (I'm assuming) that did the IMAX film MJ to the Max, which for 1998 is about as HD as it gets, so I'm sure there's going to be some great footage out of it. I'm not really interested in the interviews w/ Justin Timberlake and whoever else wasn't a part of the team.

I have to say, Jordan used to be one of my favorite athletes ever but as time goes on the more I think he's overrated. He lived off referee aid and if the games were legit (refs not getting involved) he wouldn't have won 6 championships.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
The film crew that was filming The Last Dance is the same film crew (I'm assuming) that did the IMAX film MJ to the Max, which for 1998 is about as HD as it gets, so I'm sure there's going to be some great footage out of it. I'm not really interested in the interviews w/ Justin Timberlake and whoever else wasn't a part of the team.

I have to say, Jordan used to be one of my favorite athletes ever but as time goes on the more I think he's overrated. He lived off referee aid and if the games were legit (refs not getting involved) he wouldn't have won 6 championships.

I'm not sure which take in here is the dumbest. :facepalm: I'd love for you to expand on that last part and how the refereeing of that period was beneficial to a player like Jordan.

Now look, I grew up in the 'burbs of Chicago at that time, but I was a kid so couldn't fully appreciate what I was watching. Over the years, every now and then I'd start to doubt MJ as the GOAT. I remember watching Kobe in his prime thinking "no way Jordan was this good." Did the same with Lebron. Then I'd go and watch some classics and get a proper headshake - I'd recommend you do the same.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Why wouldn't it be beneficial to Jordan? The NBA promoted the hell out of him and made him superhero-like. Everyone in the NBA made money off Jordan.

These foul calls are ridiculous. It's the NBA and such is life but the narrative is that Jordan won his championships in a "tougher" era which makes him the GOAT. Maybe so but does it matter if his defenders can't guard him driving to the basket w/o being called for a foul, thus having to play off him as to not foul out? It's not good for Gatorade if Jordan can't beat Kendall Gill or Derek McKee. The star treatment that everyone complains in todays game was going on when Jordan was playing too.

The Bulls barely beat the Pacers in 1998 and they had all kinds of trouble with the Nets in round 1, the Jazz in game 6 had Howard Eisleys 3 pointer waved off to a shot-clock violation (immediately waved off despite the ball clear out of his hands) but allowed Ron Harpers running 2-pointer late in the 4th count when he still had the ball on his fingertips as the shot clock expired. That last championship came with it's fair share of referee intervention, and looking back at 1993 that one is questionable as well. Why doesn't Charles Smith get the same treatment as Jordan and his Bulls in game 5? Easy, Smith doesn't make money off ads and shoes, and more people watched the Bulls than the Knicks.

Jordan may be the "GOAT" in a lot of peoples eyes and for others he's not (I for one don't give two shits about that topic anymore, it's been beaten to death for years and years now and it always ends with Jordan being the 'winner' from the media). He elevated the league to new heights and his game was pure wizardry, it was something the league had never seen before, but questioning the legitimacy of his 6 championships isn't and shouldn't be taboo the way ESPN makes it out to be.

His GOAT status also IMO "protects" him from criticism about his ownership w/ the Hornets. He's a terrible owner (no denying this, he's up there with Dolan and Sarver) but when Max Kellerman of First Take says in front of a live audience at Bank of America Stadium for the 2019 All-Star game that it's hard to be a worse owner than Jordan, he gets booed. Anyone in that audience who calls themselves a Hornets fan should have been applauding that statement but everyone there was blinded by the Jumpman logo.

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
@Lempo @Stubu

Any place where I can watch Tuntematon sotilas in original with subs?
2017 version? According to JustWatch

you can watch it in C More.

You can buy it in Apple iTunes, Microsoft Store, Google Play Movies, Rakuten TV

Load or rent in Apple iTunes, Microsoft Store, Google Play Movies, Rakuten TV, Viaplay.

I have C More movies subscription for the moment (because I got a C More sports pack and they freaked out when people started cancelling their subscriptions when all sports was cancelled). Alas, they only got the Finnish subs, and the dialogue really is the best part, but I can loan my login if you don't find better option.

edit: Dammit. There seems to be no subs in other than Scandinavian languages in any of the streaming services. :(

But these guys may know:

editedit:

Elisa Viihde promises EN subtitles.

Elisa Viihde

Last edited:
Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
2017 version? According to JustWatch

you can watch it in C More.

You can buy it in Apple iTunes, Microsoft Store, Google Play Movies, Rakuten TV

Load or rent in Apple iTunes, Microsoft Store, Google Play Movies, Rakuten TV, Viaplay.

I have C More movies subscription for the moment (because I got a C More sports pack and they freaked out when people started cancelling their subscriptions when all sports was cancelled). Alas, they only got the Finnish subs, and the dialogue really is the best part, but I can loan my login if you don't find better option.

edit: Dammit. There seems to be no subs in other than Scandinavian languages in any of the streaming services. :(

But these guys may know:

editedit:

Elisa Viihde promises EN subtitles.

Elisa Viihde

Tuonellan Tuvilla.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad