OT: Watcha reading?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's just that "HOW TO FIX KIDNEY, BLADDER AND PENIS PROBLEMS" sounds like a book with big pictures of bright colors, made of somewhat liquid-resistant material and written by Dr. Bob or somesuch.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche.

About 1/3 of the way through. Really great. The intimacy with which it allows the reader to empathize with the immigrant experience is powerful. I couldn't help but think of my own grandparents who came here almost century ago.

Seeing our culture through the prism of someone who grew up with a media-induced view of America is poignant and often funny.

Reactions: HisIceness

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Red-reading "The Things They Carried." Not only the best Vietnam book, not only the best war book, but the best book to really give a sense of the author that I have ever read.

Just listened to the audio version (narrated by Bryan Cranston). Great book, thanks for the recommendation!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I just got a Kindle yesterday and it's pretty sweet. Got the Sabu autobiography that came out last year and was able to download Lion's Pride (A history of NJPW) as part of Kindle Unlimited.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
In Hoffa's Shadow. The author is Jack Goldsmith whose stepfather has been the prime suspect in Hoffa's disappearance for 45 years. The first 40 pages is about the author's convoluted relationship with his stepfather, then it becomes an inside history the connection between labor and the mob. It is also the author's view of how investigations/surveillance often end up outside the law.

Pretty straight forward read, but also quite thought provoking.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Car books.

I have some of those

20200718_215621.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad