OT: Watcha Listening To? - Part II

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Twilight Campfire, Chasing Heather Crazy, and Glad Girls FTW.
Robert Pollard knows how to make a killer pop tune man. All great songs.

Never see anyone talk about Sandbox, definitely one of my fav albums of theirs. The Drinking Jim Crow might be my favorite GBV song.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Robert Pollard knows how to make a killer pop tune man. All great songs.

Never see anyone talk about Sandbox, definitely one of my fav albums of theirs. The Drinking Jim Crow might be my favorite GBV song.

I have to investigate more. I have Bee Thousand, Isolation Drills, Do the Collapse and Mag Earwig!

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
@BreadmanGetsPaid

What type of rap artist do you like?
I don’t listen to a TON of rap, so I’m far from an aficionado. I’d say about 20% of what I listen to is rap/hip hop.

In terms of current rap I like I mainly listen to: Kendrick of course, Tyler the Creator, Kanye, Playboi Carti (yeah he’s basically a gimmick but the hooks), and Travis Scott (again more of a hook artist than a rapper). Death Grips if they count. I like a lot of the psychedelic influences these guys have in their beats. As for older stuff, the usual, Nas/Biggie/Pac/Jay-Z/Outkast/Tribe. I consider Nas the GOAT of that era for Illmatic alone. I’d say that album is by far my favorite rap album.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I have to investigate more. I have Bee Thousand, Isolation Drills, Do the Collapse and Mag Earwig!
Sandbox is one of the few GBV albums where every song is quality. It’s really f***ing great. Not nearly as experimental and weird as some of their more middle stuff, but still out there.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
I don’t listen to a TON of rap, so I’m far from an aficionado. I’d say about 20% of what I listen to is rap/hip hop.

In terms of current rap I like I mainly listen to: Kendrick of course, Tyler the Creator, Kanye, Playboi Carti (yeah he’s basically a gimmick but the hooks), and Travis Scott (again more of a hook artist than a rapper). Death Grips if they count. I like a lot of the psychedelic influences these guys have in their beats. As for older stuff, the usual, Nas/Biggie/Pac/Jay-Z/Outkast/Tribe. I consider Nas the GOAT of that era for Illmatic alone. I’d say that album is by far my favorite rap album.
I still bump OutKast from time to time... If you like hooks you might like Schoolboy Q. He's Kendricks childhood friend and they kill it together.

Reactions: BreadmanGetsPaid

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I’m very partial to Isolation Drills.

GBV is usually good for 2 or 3 10/10 songs an album (aside from their top top albums like Bee Thousand and Alien Lanes which were pretty perfect)
Under the Bushes, Under the Stars is one of my favorites. Came out the year after Alien Lanes in 1996. It was their first album to use 24-track recording instead of 4-track, so it's a bit more polished. It has a big sound which I like.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Under the Bushes, Under the Stars is one of my favorites. Came out the year after Alien Lanes in 1996. It was their first album to use 24-track recording instead of 4-track, so it's a bit more polished. It has a big sound which I like.

Always loved No Sky off that album, barely listened to the rest of it

Have you listened to Sandbox

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
The theme song from the movie version of Astrid Lindgren's The Brothers Lionheart. Theme song is composed and performed by Björn Isfält.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
music that I am listening to right now:

Less Than Jake
MXPX
Pennywise
Chris Webby
Spose
Beastie Boys
New Found Glory
Reel Big Fish
Ballyhoo!
Rancid
Anti-Flag
Green Day
The Interrupters
Weezer
Slaine
La Coka Nostra
Vinnie Paz
Mr.Hyde
Necro
Authority Zero
Suicide Machines
Pennywise
Pepper
Palmer Squares
The Expendables
Tropidelic
Cypress Hill
Fortunate Youth
The Supervillains
Iration

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
@MahomesIsGod Propeller (1992) is also really good:

music that I am listening to right now:

Less Than Jake
MXPX
Pennywise
Chris Webby
Spose
Beastie Boys
New Found Glory
Reel Big Fish
Ballyhoo!
Rancid
Anti-Flag
Green Day
The Interrupters
Weezer
Slaine
La Coka Nostra
Vinnie Paz
Mr.Hyde
Necro
Authority Zero
Suicide Machines
Pennywise
Pepper
Palmer Squares
The Expendables
Tropidelic
Cypress Hill
Fortunate Youth
The Supervillains
Iration
Hah dude I went through an Anti-Flag kick over January. I used to LOVE that band.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Used to, what happened haha? I listen to mostly anything except a few genres, that I won't listen too, basically most of the mainstream trash
There's only so many times a 30-year-old can listen to songs like "Captain Anarchy" LOL. Do you know Whatever It Takes? It was a side project started by the bassist/singer of Anti-Flag. They only put out one LP but it's very good. More emo than Anti-Flag.

I'm the opposite, I only listen to a few genres. :laugh:

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad