OT: Watcha Listening To? - Part II

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
And this is my favorite rock song of the past decade or so:

Yeah, I just discovered them a while back, and I like them a ton. Wish they could all free up from their other commitments to record a second album.

Meanwhile, I'm now listening to the new Tool album again, and it just gets better with time. Except for those damn early '90s weird noise and silence interludes; those can get lost.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Yeah, I just discovered them a while back, and I like them a ton. Wish they could all free up from their other commitments to record a second album.

Meanwhile, I'm now listening to the new Tool album again, and it just gets better with time. Except for those damn early '90s weird noise and silence interludes; those can get lost.
There has been some talk of another TCV album. I hope they reunite.
I have a friend insisting I listen to TOOL. I know I will like them. I still listen to a lot of 80s and 90s thrash. The time will come soon. I tend to get really deep into something and listen for weeks before I move on. Maybe that’s TOOL next for me.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Doug Sahm tied Texas swing, cajun, and folk rock together to some extent. He was a founding member of the Texas Troubadours. Rest in peace Freddy Fender.

Reactions: Bluenote13

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
Not sure if anyone is into the lofi scene but I just came across this super relaxing and catchy song. Perfect if you're going on a bike ride or cleaning the house or something.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
81550091_2756262391097540_5621578515007668224_o.jpg

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Neil Peart, the drummer and lyricist for Rush, died Tuesday, January 7th, in Santa Monica, California at age 67, according to Elliot Mintz, a family spokesperson. The cause was brain cancer, which he had been quietly battling for three-and-a-half years. A representative for the band confirmed the news to Rolling Stone.

Neil Peart, Rush Drummer Who Set a New Standard for Rock Virtuosity, Dead at 67

Terrible news. IMO- Best drummer all time. rip Neil.

Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures will be blasting through every speaker I own in this weekend.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Neil Peart, the drummer and lyricist for Rush, died Tuesday, January 7th, in Santa Monica, California at age 67, according to Elliot Mintz, a family spokesperson. The cause was brain cancer, which he had been quietly battling for three-and-a-half years. A representative for the band confirmed the news to Rolling Stone.

Neil Peart, Rush Drummer Who Set a New Standard for Rock Virtuosity, Dead at 67

Terrible news. IMO- Best drummer all time. rip Neil.

Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures will be blasting through every speaker I own in this weekend.

A bit of a gut punch today hearing this news. My first exposure to Rush was the live album ‘All the World’s a Stage’. Growing up in high school, if you were into hard rock, Rush sat proudly next to Van Halen, Judas Priest and AC/DC as must listen to bands in 79-82 time period. And Neil Peart was the standard-bearer of drummers. Another piece of my childhood gets stripped away. RIP, Neil.

Reactions: Lion Hound

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Sabaton
Alestorm
Gloryhammer
Dropkick Murphys
Flogging Molly
GraveDigger
Iron Maiden
Power Wolf
Airbourne