OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I wish they had been around when Green Day were growing up, and the three guys in Green Day had seen them and thought "There's no way we are going to be that good, so we should just give up on music and concentrate on school."

Band sounds great but the singer is nothing special. Hopefully she improves into something noteworthy.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Green Day sucks so bad. Like so bad. They were fine when they were punk rock until what happened to, like, every alternative band at the turn of the millennium.

Their last good album was Insomniac. All downhill from there.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Their last good album was Insomniac. All downhill from there.
Nimrod wasn’t all bad but Good Riddance caught fire and it was like ‘oh shit we can be super mainstream and cash in’ and it was over.

Reactions: Rebels57

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Flashback Monday:

Summer 1967: 3am at one of the Towers near Dewey Beach.........smoking Lucky Strikes, drinking Boone's Farm Apple wine, when Mike B. shows up: Blonde, blue-eyed surfer dude, bronze god, and chick magnet.

Light My Fire by the Doors comes blaring out of one of cars [ probably WKBK, Buffalo] near the beach ......we are screaming our heads off and drunk dancing in the sand.

Mike turns to us: "Man...... what ever happened to surf music?"

We laughed......." man the Doors and Hendrix are going to rock forever"

Little did we know that the late 60s was not going to last figuratively and literally.........

54 years later that memory still burns.....

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I post this on occasion. This is probably the tightest a rock band has ever been.

@Surrounded By Ahos I sense that like me, you would also be pumped up by the verse starting with "from the Hundred Years War...". That verse makes me want to go conquer something and gift it to whoever the current monarch is, like Disraeli casually gifting the Suez Canal.

Maybe I could conquer the Suez Canal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad