OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Have been listening to NOFX for about a week solid. One song I never really listened too very much first few times round and now cannot stop. And while I know it is not actually about a person... the lyrics would fit very well to several women I have known over my life so far! :laugh:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Have been listening to NOFX for about a week solid. One song I never really listened too very much first few times round and now cannot stop. And while I know it is not actually about a person... the lyrics would fit very well to several women I have known over my life so far! :laugh:

Funnily enough, I've been on a several day binge of No Use For a Name. Kinda makes you realize how small your problems really are at 16 vs 35.

Reactions: Appleyard

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
LetitbleedRS.jpg

Gimme Shelter is still my all-time favorite rock song. And this is still my favorite rock album. The album came out in December of 1969. Went to the late November concert at the old Spectrum. Tickets were $7.50. Couple of weeks later was the Altamont tragedy. They played many of the songs on this album at the concert except Gimme Shelter. I had to wait till the '71 concert when Mick Taylor was in his glory to hear Gimme Shelter. [ there is a YT posting of the '71 concerts at the Spectrum] The title of this album was a take on the Beatles "Let It Be" album.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
View attachment 233593

Gimme Shelter is still my all-time favorite rock song. And this is still my favorite rock album. The album came out in December of 1969. Went to the late November concert at the old Spectrum. Tickets were $7.50. Couple of weeks later was the Altamont tragedy. They played many of the songs on this album at the concert except Gimme Shelter. I had to wait till the '71 concert when Mick Taylor was in his glory to hear Gimme Shelter. [ there is a YT posting of the '71 concerts at the Spectrum] The title of this album was a take on the Beatles "Let It Be" album.
Gimme shelter is probably one of the most used songs in soundtracks of all time. For good reason.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Saw Dead and Co. in Camden last night.

Last year I went around this time and got flooded out. Cancelled most of the second set. Last night turned into a great night, fantastic show. They broke out Row Jimmy and it was just f***ing phenomenal

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Saw Dead and Co. in Camden last night.

Last year I went around this time and got flooded out. Cancelled most of the second set. Last night turned into a great night, fantastic show. They broke out Row Jimmy and it was just ****ing phenomenal
Ahhh, so that's why Camden was swarming with tie dye hippies while I was leaving work yesterday. Concert season is always good people watching time in the second City.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
The new Raconteurs album is Jack Whites best work in years

It’s probably the phone and background noise f***ing things up for me, but I’m getting Alien Ant Farm’s cover of Smooth Criminal from the guitar

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
Anyone else a Mitski fan? I adore most of her stuff. A little late on the new release...

She’s got a blander sound than what I usually go for. Lyrically hard hitting for me and unique enough to grab the attention of my distracted mind.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Anyone else a Mitski fan? I adore most of her stuff. A little late on the new release...

She’s got a blander sound than what I usually go for. Lyrically hard hitting for me and unique enough to grab the attention of my distracted mind.

I found one of her videos on Youtube when I was bingeing Babymetal and I didn't like it, so I went back to more Babymetal. I might try again sometime, because she appeals to me physically, but I have water in my ear today and can't hear for ****.

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
I found one of her videos on Youtube when I was bingeing Babymetal and I didn't like it, so I went back to more Babymetal. I might try again sometime, because she appeals to me physically, but I have water in my ear today and can't hear for ****.

I think I might’ve had this reaction at first, too.

Indie music is saturated with her sound. I’ve got a real soft spot for girl emo, though, so I think she’s brilliant.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad