OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
ah-ha i remember. it was when mtv played music instead of fake reality shows.

I haven't paid for cable for several years now. Is MTV still a channel?

It has to be since the 90's since they played any music whatsoever (I don't care if I'm wrong). I remember I would race home from school after the bus dropped me off to watch TRL and Pop Up Video on VH1. Even Real World wasn't bad at it's inception.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
How were they?
Wondering the same, since it's been a while for me. I've seen them live 3 times, 2 of which were awesome. They were great at the Troc with Of Montreal the first time I saw them and great again at Johnny Brenda's, but pretty f***ing brutal the time I saw them at (I think) the Electric Factory. That may have been more an audio issue, but they didn't seem into it at all.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Also I ended up listening to some Chiclets. I learned quickly to only listen to the interviews, which are fun.

The takes in the "hockey talk" portions are laughable, which shouldn't shock anyone, being Barstool sports and featuring a meathead

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I like it, the harmonies are tight. Can't say I've listened to their catalog though.

My next work listen is RHCP
Give em a go if you like When My Time Comes. Their whole discography is good and you can kind of hear their sound evolve a bit through the years. Dude's songwriting is on point and he has a damn good voice to go with it.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Give em a go if you like When My Time Comes. Their whole discography is good and you can kind of hear their sound evolve a bit through the years. Dude's songwriting is on point and he has a damn good voice to go with it.
I work night shift so I have 10 hours per night to listen to music. I'll add them to the list

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
in honor of their final show

I didn't hear they were retiring. My friend has been their main tour tech for a while now so I wonder who he'll be working with after that. Dropkick Murphys are his other big regular client. Guy has a lot of kids to feed so hopefully he has some other big names lined up to work for. At least he has reputation and experience in his favor so he shouldn't have to go back to doing local artists at dive bars anymore.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This song, seriously, is wonderful. It's the perfect style for Kiedis' vocals. His dynamics add even more emotion to already emotional lyrics. Flea on lead bass as usual, but John adds amazing depth with his mesmerizing volume swelling and soaring licks in the last half of the song.

Reactions: Magua and Alex K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->