OT: Watcha Listenin' To? - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"Do they know it's Christmas" is a deeply obnoxious and condescending song. It's exactly the kind of thing Geldof would crap forth.

tenor.gif

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014

Not sure if I have posted this one before. Morrowind meets synthwave. Its good for any time I need a laugh, especially after the Flyers play.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

For me the Kinks were just the most consistent, best, of the "British Invasion" bands... even though they were never allowed to invade. :laugh:

But one of the saddest inspirations for a song ever:

"Come Dancing" is a tribute to the Davies brothers' sister Rene. Living in Canada with her reportedly abusive husband, the 31-year-old Rene was visiting her parental home at the time of Ray Davies' thirteenth birthday—21 June 1957—on which she surprised him with a gift of the Spanish guitar he had tried to persuade his parents to buy him. (his first real guitar) That evening, Rene, who had a weak heart as a result of a childhood bout of rheumatic fever, suffered a fatal heart attack while dancing at the Lyceum ballroom.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
i never asked ya Cap, why do you loathe Christmas music? do you loathe the holiday or just the music?

No, I love Christmas, and I love "It's A Wonderful Life," and I LOVE snow. I just get tired of the cheeseball **** music. That has been true for a long time, but then Michael Buble happened, so obviously it went from hating it to not being able to tolerate it at all and wanting to burn down entire civilizations when I hear it.

Reactions: Amorgus

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I f***ing love Christmas music.

Sinatra, Bing, Nat King Cole, The Ronettes, The Drifters, Brenda Lee, etc. is the good stuff. The new John Legend Christmas album is good too.

There are only 2 songs I cant tolerate, Little Drummer Boy and the 12 Days of Christmas. f*** those songs.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown

I knew every lyric off No Need To Argue like the back of my hand. After that, for whatever reason, I just didn't bother. When she died I dove back in. This is really good too.

That one drives my life in a lot of ways. Another day, another evolution theory.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
No, I love Christmas, and I love "It's A Wonderful Life," and I LOVE snow. I just get tired of the cheeseball **** music. That has been true for a long time, but then Michael Buble happened, so obviously it went from hating it to not being able to tolerate it at all and wanting to burn down entire civilizations when I hear it.

what is wrong with Buble? this is a great Christmas song!

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I ****ing love Christmas music.

Sinatra, Bing, Nat King Cole, The Ronettes, The Drifters, Brenda Lee, etc. is the good stuff. The new John Legend Christmas album is good too.

There are only 2 songs I cant tolerate, Little Drummer Boy and the 12 Days of Christmas. **** those songs.

what about Bob & Doug McKenzie's 12 Days of Christmas?

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad