OT: Watcha Drinkin'?: Part I

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Jesus h Christ just don’t click on the thread!
This thread was originally part of a different thread. Auf moved it all to a new thread in order to give us booze hound degenerates a chance to discuss our favorite remedy for when the rangers are playing like ass cheeks. Inferno didn't come here to rain on our whiskey parade. I can personally assure you he isn't that type of person. It was actually a spot on comment when this selection of posts was previously a part of a different thread and was wildly OT.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
This thread was originally part of a different thread. Auf moved it all to a new thread. Inferno didn't come here to rain on our whiskey parade. I can personally assure you he isn't that type of person. It was actually a spot on comment when this selection of posts was previously a part of a different thread and was wildly OT.
Ok. My apologies then

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
On a related note I was a division 1 college athlete. Soccer player. Now as a middle aged man I’m racking up the pounds. Can’t get buzzed fast enough from beer anymore, and it adds too much weight. The bourbon is better in both regards

Reactions: Samuel Culper III

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
The best single Malt I have had was Dalmore King Alexander III. It's pricey, however, we had it side by side with Macallan 18, also pricey, and it absolutely smoked it. I know Macallan is popular but it wasn't close, we polished off the Dalmore before we would even think about touching the Macallan again. lol

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Don't drink, but I was gifted a bottle of chocolate whiskey from the Brooklyn Distillery.

Anyone try this stuff?

The chocolate whiskey from Kings County distillery? Love that stuff. It's actually infused with cacao beans and tastes like dark chocolate. Generally I'd stick my nose up at flavored whiskey, but I found that one to be exceptional.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
The best flavored whisky I have tried is Sortilege. I have a friend from Ottawa that brings it for our Jets tailgates, yes he's a bigtime NY Jets fan. Man is that really good. It's Quebec maple whisky.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
The chocolate whiskey from Kings County distillery? Love that stuff. It's actually infused with cacao beans and tastes like dark chocolate. Generally I'd stick my nose up at flavored whiskey, but I found that one to be exceptional.

Whoops. Yes, that's the one.

Well, I know what i'm doing Friday...

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Scroll down and click the on tap section. That’s the beer list for the spot my wife and I will be drinking before tonight’s game in Dallas. Really excited to experience Founder’s Canadian Breakfast Stout on tap. It’s the regular breakfast stout you guys have been talking about, aged in bourbon barrels which were originally maple syrup barrels. I’ve had it in the bottle and it’s delicious. The KBS, which is just the breakfast stout aged in Kentucky bourbon barrels, I usually have yearly and is also delicious but not as rare. Both clock in around 12%. Several other great beers on this tap list as well.

Meddlesome Moth - Dallas Beer, Food, Gastropub, Captain Keith

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm a porter drinker in the beer category. But I only really do beer on days that I can get in a workout.

IPAs seem really overdone in modern times. Get me more porters that go beyond just a milk, coffee, or chocolate style.

Reactions: Samuel Culper III

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
If you're a stout drinker and haven't tried Founders' Breakfast Stout then you need to get on that ASAP.

It really is an excellent beer.

It gets overlooked in the craft community far too often because its not rare or exorbitanely expensive.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Scroll down and click the on tap section. That’s the beer list for the spot my wife and I will be drinking before tonight’s game in Dallas. Really excited to experience Founder’s Canadian Breakfast Stout on tap. It’s the regular breakfast stout you guys have been talking about, aged in bourbon barrels which were originally maple syrup barrels. I’ve had it in the bottle and it’s delicious. The KBS, which is just the breakfast stout aged in Kentucky bourbon barrels, I usually have yearly and is also delicious but not as rare. Both clock in around 12%. Several other great beers on this tap list as well.

Meddlesome Moth - Dallas Beer, Food, Gastropub, Captain Keith

This year's hopslam is fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad