OT: Watcha Drinkin'?: Part I

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
If any of you beer drinkers are in Monmouth County, NJ area, come visit Red Tank Brewing in Red Bank, NJ. Good beer and big taproom.

Great Kolsch, Pale Ale, Irish Red and Hazy NEIPA along with a tasty selection of Belgian styles.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
So we're less than 5 days away from what should be a historic night for the NY Rangers. What are you all planning on drinking Friday night? Seems like a pretty good reason to break out the good stuff!

Reactions: White Death 24

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
So we're less than 5 days away from what should be a historic night for the NY Rangers. What are you all planning on drinking Friday night? Seems like a pretty good reason to break out the good stuff!

Lagunitas Super Cluster
OGD Bonded
Buffalo Trace
Home made Pizza. 1 pepperoni, 1 pepperoni/jalapeno/onion. Portland Pie Co dough.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I just got a Rangers hat in the mail from Fanatics, and it came with a voucher from Naked Wines for $100 off of a $160 order. They don't ship to Canada, unfortunately, so anybody who wants it just respond to this message and I'll PM you with the code and password.

First come, first serve!

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
This thread has been resurrected!

Drowning some sorrows with Becherovka from the Czech Republic. Not bad with some honey and lemon.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I'll miss the Rangers game live on Saturday but I'll have good reason as I'll be sipping on some beers from 3 Fonteinen, Cantillion, Hll Farmstead, Burial, Horus, Vitamin Sea, Jester King, pFriem, and others. Never been so psyched to miss a game.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Any of you boys in the Morris County, NJ area? I just moved up from Texas two weeks ago. Could use a couple drinking buddies and fellow Ranger fans to hang around.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Right now... Macallan 12 year.

A BIT pricey for me (~$60/bottle) to be an everyday drink but such a nice treat.

Highly recommended to anyone ESPECIALLY someone just getting into scotches.
bottle_323x921_the-bay.png
My fave but not so easy to find.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Cracked open a bottle of my favorite treat.

2126.jpg

Couldn't wait any longer. My Zibad withdrawals needed a fix.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't know if it's been discussed before but I found a dirt cheap scotch (10 bucks a liter) that legitimately tastes similar to mediocre scotch (around 25 bucks a .750) called House of Stuart. For those on a budget or having friends over without a particularly discerning taste.

159827.jpg

Reactions: Gardner McKay

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I don't know if it's been discussed before but I found a dirt cheap scotch (10 bucks a liter) that legitimately tastes similar to mediocre scotch (around 25 bucks a .750) called House of Stuart. For those on a budget or having friends over without a particularly discerning taste.
Never had a taste for scotch,... or whiskey for that matter. Bourbon on the other hand....

I still prefer brandy or cognac though. That 750 ml of B&B runs me $45,... but it is oh so worth it. The spices and herbs of the Benedictine goes so well with the Brandy that it is just intoxicating.

The story goes,.. a bartender at the famed 21 club in Manhattan, back in the 1920's,... mixed the two and viola B&B.

Last edited:

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m a bourbon and beer drinker. I prefer barrel aged or dark beers, but I’m pretty easy going with beer. I’ll drink whatever’s available. Bourbon I’m a bit of a nerd about. I’ll put away Jack or Jim if it’s one of those nights, but I’ve drank some pretty exceptional bourbons, visited some Mecca’s of bourbon production, and drank some pretty stout barrel proofs over the years. Also have a penchant for Rye. Basil Hayden’s Rye isn’t too expensive and is a great sipper .

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I just got a Rangers hat in the mail from Fanatics, and it came with a voucher from Naked Wines for $100 off of a $160 order. They don't ship to Canada, unfortunately, so anybody who wants it just respond to this message and I'll PM you with the code and password.

First come, first serve!

Anyone take you up on this? I could definitely place a $160 bourbon order. What an opportunity to drink above your normal pay grade

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I’m a bourbon and beer drinker. I prefer barrel aged or dark beers, but I’m pretty easy going with beer. I’ll drink whatever’s available. Bourbon I’m a bit of a nerd about. I’ll put away Jack or Jim if it’s one of those nights, but I’ve drank some pretty exceptional bourbons, visited some Mecca’s of bourbon production, and drank some pretty stout barrel proofs over the years. Also have a penchant for Rye. Basil Hayden’s Rye isn’t too expensive and is a great sipper .
For Bourbon, I like Old Grand-Dad or I W Harper. Goes great with ginger ale if you wanna get tanked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->