Podcast (Audio) Watch Your Tone Thread (New Episode ft. Sean Avery Out Now)

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
naaw dawg. I make a fraction of this man and if I wanted to start a podcast, I could afford a $200 mic. That salary argument doesn't work for millionaire athletes.
giphy.gif

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Thanks for the heads up. I enjoyed it. I am looking forward to the next one and hopefully they have more hockey to talk about.

I load up all the podcasts on my ipod nano and listen to them at night or when I am working on the computer.

at least it wasn't like all of the other sports podcasts lately where someone with barely a high school education and almost no life experience lectures me on racism or the China Virus.
Took the words right out of my mouth haha nice

Reactions: Barnaby

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Not sure if anyone posted this already, and I’m not sure if this has anything to do with his podcast, but I found an interview with Tony on YouTube, about how he grew up Italian and all that, if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Graves94 and bl02

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Wow I can’t believe a famous person finally has the BALLS to speak out against him

Off-topic doggo :sarcasm:
Man, this is perfect xD

You’re already not very fond of Trouba, understandably, and how convenient that he also has these views. Crazy coincidence. You called it how you said that Trouba kind of seems like a dumb guy.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I like getting perspective from players on things that should be obvious and common sense knowledge for fans but isn't...I thought the discussion about young players was interesting, lemieux feels that all players should spend time in the AHL but also made note about how certain guys like himself can come up and play 6 minutes a night and develop. but other guys need ice time and if they aren't getting top minutes they would be hurt by playing 6 minutes. and its not as simple as 'well this guy is better than this 4th liner'

like i said this shouldn't be anything earth shattering but coming from a player that has struggled to get ice time in his career and probably thinks he can play more, it was interesting to hear his perspective.

Reactions: romba and NYR Viper

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I like getting perspective from players on things that should be obvious and common sense knowledge for fans but isn't...I thought the discussion about young players was interesting, lemieux feels that all players should spend time in the AHL but also made note about how certain guys like himself can come up and play 6 minutes a night and develop. but other guys need ice time and if they aren't getting top minutes they would be hurt by playing 6 minutes. and its not as simple as 'well this guy is better than this 4th liner'

like i said this shouldn't be anything earth shattering but coming from a player that has struggled to get ice time in his career and probably thinks he can play more, it was interesting to hear his perspective.
Yes and then Tony admitted he didn't want to play in the AHL but in the end it made him a better player.

Reactions: Leetch3

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I really enjoyed the Lemieux episode.

He sounds like a really great kid and has his head in the game.
He wants to be a difference maker.

Same with ADA and the fact that he even does this on his own personal time just tells you he lives hockey.

Great Podcast

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
New Episode featuring the GOAT Vlad 'the Delorian' Namestnikov being recorded
Sure does maintain friendships with a lot of former teammates for a lockerroom cancer eh

Having friends on his show doesn't mean he doesn't have shitty opinions. As mentioned before, we'll see how his beliefs mesh with our increasingly diverse team.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Having friends on his show doesn't mean he doesn't have shitty opinions. As mentioned before, we'll see how his beliefs mesh with our increasingly diverse team.
If someone has different views than you they are “shitty” and it means they’re a locker room cancer lol.
Several current and former teammates say he’s one of the best teammates they’ve ever had, he was unanimously voted the funniest Ranger by his teammates, he’s the one who replaced Stepan to do the funny lockerook videos. If you read his Instagram comments he is still close friends with literally every black former teammate he’s had (Justin Bailey, Anthony Duclair, etc), he was one of the first to stand up for K’Andre after that Zoom incident, and he had pretty damn good chemistry as K’Andre’s partner all camp. And I’m Latino and he’s my favorite Ranger :)

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Wow, his buddies know nothing about the NHL. They asked if Grubauer was still Washington's backup and if Seattle would sign Krug this off-season. None had any clue who the Golden Jet was. He really needs to get players on there.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I have now listened to enough of his episodes to formulate a slightly better opinion and honestly, he really doesn't say anything controversial. He keeps it pretty straight, strictly sports(that I have heard) and gives insight to how players think about things. His co hosts are garbage though and there are too many of them. Needs to trim the fat, but all in all I dont see the issue here regardless of his twitter comments and political affiliation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad