Podcast (Audio) Watch Your Tone Thread (New Episode ft. Sean Avery Out Now)

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Think the podcast needs a little more energy. A little too bland too but its the first one. Hopefully it picks up steam. It was just a bit too casual. Think they need to get some other pro athletes on there if they really want it to go anywhere. Otherwise its just a few dudes talking about sports, which is ok if they dont want anything to come of it. Its tough because Tony is a current athlete, he cant say anything too raunchy like the Spittin Chiclets podcast does. Granted that podcast is mainly just storytelling but its all inconsequential in that those guys playing careers are over. Of course they dial it back a little when they have a prominent guest on but still they created the interest with how forthcoming they have been with their stories and not censoring them. Tony cant go that route. He shouldnt.
Yeah he needs to get some good guests on there, not just a couple of randos. Kenny Albert is a good start.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Hockey player is boring on podcast. News at 11.
I dont think they are boring at all. I think hockey players have some of the wildest and most interesting stories. I think put up against some of the other athletes out there in other sports they are more down to earth, more real and not trying to put on a show saying everything that is pc. For example ARod. I think ARod does a great job for his roles in broadcasting and promoting his brand, have always liked him, but there are plenty of times where he is trying too hard to be the good guy saying all the right things.

Listening to Spittin Chiclets today, guys got me cracking up with their inside jokes, their lingo, stories, etc. Of course some of it would absolutely not fly if they were still playing. I think DeAngelo needs to find that space in between. I want to hear about what goes on in the lockerroom, the relationships and interactions.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Hockey player is boring on podcast. News at 11.

he did a nice job IMO. Not that his hockey podcast has much competition.

The messages he’s received and they read on-air indicate how angry and sick fans are. Of course, hiding behind the threats and low class verbiage is a sign of the cowardly times.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
thats not really the point though...no one is saying you need to like him but why did you bother listening if you had already decided you were going to hate it? no one is making you listen...of course he probably didn't even listen for 20 seconds and just made the comment cause he doesn't like tony.

there are lots of people I don't like and i don't listen to their podcasts.

I disagree.

I think the point is that Tony has injected his political views into his public persona. Any idea what the rest of the Rangers thoughts on politics are? I doubt it.

Once a professional athlete wanders into his personal political beliefs, he invites comments about him other than the topic of hockey.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Enjoyed ep 2 with KA, but other than the Kenny segment it was too much of a repetition of ep 1. They even rehashed the same arguments on the MLB debacle and I thought they spent too much time on the whole "hardest sport" discussion. I also don't enjoy the fan questions much and if they're going to keep doing mean tweets, they should change it up a bit and get an actual reaction (I'd prefer they'd just scrap the entire segment).

I think Tony is a pretty good host and I'm going to keep listening, but I'm not too sure about the other guys.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
I disagree.
I think the point is that Tony has injected his political views into his public persona. Any idea what the rest of the Rangers thoughts on politics are? I doubt it.

Trouba has a dog named Donnie, which he specifically had to clarify is not named after the current sitting president

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Trouba has a dog named Donnie, which he specifically had to clarify is not named after the current sitting president

EbFyP9XXQAERBUy

Savage

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I like the podcast. It's fairly bland but it's almost hip to be square these days. Everyone with their ¡¡SUPEREXTREMEPIPINGHOTHOTTAKES!!
Lately I am aiming for middle-of-the-road and apolitical in my enterainment choices

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
my biggest take away from me is that when you hear him chatting with fox and strome or see quinn talk about him or whoever you quickly see how much Tony is liked in the lockerroom. I know fans have their opinion's of him without actually knowing him and part of that I think is that he enjoys stirring the pot and watching people get mad lol. but it definitely should tell you something that people on the team seem to really like him

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Gotta get in on this early before the podcast attracts sponsors and they're interrupting it all the time to read ads for Squarespace and Audible.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I disagree.

Once a professional athlete wanders into his personal political beliefs, he invites comments about him other than the topic of hockey.

Spot on. There also seems to inevitably be a victimhood complex from the guys who fire first.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Spot on. There also seems to inevitably be a victimhood complex from the guys who fire first.
Remember when Matthew Barnaby would initiate a scrum with an opponent and then when the opponent would hit back he would throw his arms up in the air and look at the ref?

That being said the reaction to Tony is way over the top, but he should be able to read the room a little.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->