Podcast (Audio) Watch Your Tone Thread (New Episode ft. Sean Avery Out Now)

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Cb655Ly.jpg

‎Watch Your Tone: #1 | The Pilot on Apple Podcasts
Watch Your Tone - Tony DeAngelo

First episode was lots of fun, hopefully we get to hear all the other Rangers on the podcast at some point. I’ve wanted to hear some Rangers on Chiclets but perhaps some of them are more reserved and would feel a lot more comfortable with Tony. Tony definitely has the voice for it; I was surprised how charismatic he was and how well he was able to carry conversations. A lot of people who have some fame and start podcasts after the fact tend to not really come across natural, but I actually think if Tony wasn’t playing hockey he’d probably be doing this. Hopefully he does a collab with Spittin Chiclets and gets some more traction with his own podcast, I’m sure they’d like him on as he played for Arizona and Biz would be interested in that

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
More good content. Bittersweet though. Where is the time to consume all this content. We are officially overflowing with brain candy.
One of the silver linings of this situation is that we’ve - most of us - been forced to kind of simplify our lives. Look a bit more inward. Meet the neighbors.
On the other hand, holy crap is there a lot of entertainment to consume. I guess it’s a ‘good problem’ like having too many good RD :)

Reactions: EdJovanovski

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
i got about 20 seconds through of ADA reading his syllabus of what to expect on the podcast and realized my time would be better spent eating buttered white toast for breakfast.

edit: He definitely has a voice for radio though.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Everyone is biased.

thats not really the point though...no one is saying you need to like him but why did you bother listening if you had already decided you were going to hate it? no one is making you listen...of course he probably didn't even listen for 20 seconds and just made the comment cause he doesn't like tony.

there are lots of people I don't like and i don't listen to their podcasts.

tbassler

Jul 22, 2009
Thanks for the heads up. I enjoyed it. I am looking forward to the next one and hopefully they have more hockey to talk about.

I load up all the podcasts on my ipod nano and listen to them at night or when I am working on the computer.

at least it wasn't like all of the other sports podcasts lately where someone with barely a high school education and almost no life experience lectures me on racism or the China Virus.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Nice podcast

Tony has a great voice, the program moves along and the podcast is entertaining!!!! Nice listen and a better listen than what i’ve found out there.

Last edited:

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
Yea, you didnt go into listening to his show unbiased at all lmao

i was curious to see if he was going to say anything edgy that could get him in trouble, like he's been teasing in all of his social media posts. If you want to listen to a professional hockey player and 3 pro-am level hockey players talk about UFC and baseball for an hour, knock your socks off.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i was curious to see if he was going to say anything edgy that could get him in trouble, like he's been teasing in all of his social media posts. If you want to listen to a professional hockey player and 3 pro-am level hockey players talk about UFC and baseball for an hour, knock your socks off.

so which is it? did you listen for 20 seconds or an hour?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
So you were hoping for something controversial so you could pounce like the small faction on Twitter with pitchforks trying to kill him for things he did and said as an 18 year old? Or you just generally enjoy edgy controversy? Neither is a good look.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Finally listened. It was unbelievably unremarkable. They really had nothing interesting to say.

there’s about 10 other Rangers that would make for a more exciting listen. the obsession with his persona is weird.

Reactions: and 99 others

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The only things that were redeeming about that episode was that:
1. He has a good voice for podcasting
2. His award choices were pretty much spot on

Outside of those two...oof.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Think the podcast needs a little more energy. A little too bland too but its the first one. Hopefully it picks up steam. It was just a bit too casual. Think they need to get some other pro athletes on there if they really want it to go anywhere. Otherwise its just a few dudes talking about sports, which is ok if they dont want anything to come of it. Its tough because Tony is a current athlete, he cant say anything too raunchy like the Spittin Chiclets podcast does. Granted that podcast is mainly just storytelling but its all inconsequential in that those guys playing careers are over. Of course they dial it back a little when they have a prominent guest on but still they created the interest with how forthcoming they have been with their stories and not censoring them. Tony cant go that route. He shouldnt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->