watch U18 tournament live

slovakfan*

Is it just those four teams?

yes....
nothing special... just because of "National Teams representation pause" in europe leagues...

Main reason was Euro Hocke Tour - Russia Sweden Czechs Finns
another A team tournament in europe is Skoda Cup in Switzerland:
Slovakia SWISS Germany Austria

and also young guys have their tournaments :)

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The US U17 team is playing in this tournament. You can see all the results/stats at the link below...

Link

espo*

yes....
nothing special... just because of "National Teams representation pause" in europe leagues...

Main reason was Euro Hocke Tour - Russia Sweden Czechs Finns
another A team tournament in europe is Skoda Cup in Switzerland:
Slovakia SWISS Germany Austria

and also young guys have their tournaments :)

O.K,thanks.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
There was also a U16 4 Nations Tournament in Turku 8.-10.2.2007. Here are the scoring leaders:

http://www.finhockey.fi/maajoukkueet/u16_maajoukkue/kausi_2006-2007/neljan_maan_turnaus_6-11_2_2007/

Finland's prodigy Toni Rajala the best forward, Russias Kuchin not far behind.

Yeah, Rajala is impressive. That's not the 1st tournament where he became 1st scorer.

Though Sweden team played without some key players that may be contenders for 1st scorer place: Lander, Wallen.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Can someone please give a short summary of what's been happening in the tourney. That website isn't exactly user friendly for the English folks.

And specifically, I'm wondering how Phil McRae did for the US. Can anyone provide tourney stats etc for US team?

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002

turnbuckle*

Does anyone have a link to stats for the 5 Nations Cup going on in the Czech Republic right now?

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
Does anyone have a link to stats for the 5 Nations Cup going on in the Czech Republic right now?

USA Hockey has the stats through the Americans' four games, but only has stats for games that Team USA was involved in.

http://www.usahockey.com/servlets/T...E009&page_id=28BA0DAAD1E95AB9E0440003BA5FE009

Finnish site has all teams but is updated only through two games.

http://www.finhockey.fi/maajoukkueet/u18_maajoukkue/kausi_2006-2007/viiden_maan_turnaus_5-11_2_2007/

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I watched one period of the USA-Switzerland game and most of the USA-Slovakia game. The feeds weren't great and it was quite hard to draw any conclusions but it was better than nothing. I tried to devote all of my attention to the US team.

Nobody really wowed me from what I saw. Rob Czarnik had some nice plays in the Swiss game. He looks like he should have better numbers than he does. Danny Kristo was also noticable for me as he had a lot of jump when he was on the puck. Nick Pryor was noticable for his mobility. He made some real nice moves to shake forecheckers.

Justin Florek had a big third period against the Slovaks and pretty much won the tournament for the US. He scored two goals, including one with an empty US net and just over a minute remaining which put the US ahead of the Swiss in goals scored (the US needed to beat the Slovaks by four goals to win the tie breaker against the Swiss). He didn't seem like the kind of player that jumps out at you but he certainly came up in the clutch.

McRae didn't do much of anything which was dissapointing.

Seth Helgeson was very shaky in the US d-zone. He looked like he was in over his head.

It's just one game and a few players are up with the U18 team but this doesn't look like that talented of a US team, though they played solid team defense and didn't really allow too many chances.

The Slovaks didn't look good at all. The '89 birth year seems pretty barren for them.

I finally saw a (very) little bit of Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i too. He had one nice play in the US zone where he went around the net untouched and came out into the slot and got a shot on goal. He certainly had the look of a real player when he was carrying the puck but he didn't seem overly intense in the one period I saw of him. Maybe he just wasn't into this tournament (he only had one assist in three games).

Go to the bottom of the article below. The files are PDF.

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=246&id=33528&view=clanek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad