Prospect Info: Watch Prospect/'20 Draftees Thread

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For those with too much free time on their hands, I will post links to watch full games free of Hab prospects and for the up coming draft. Posters that watch the games could then give a small report on what they saw.

If you go to hockeytv.com you can watch all their games for free from now till April 6th. You need to create an account if you don't have one. They have every USHL game which would give you a look at Pitlick and you can watch several '20 draft prospects as they have the USNDTP games vs the USHL in addition to other USHL prospects.

Pitlick - (#9, Muskegon/Omaha) - if you want to see his games, go to the search and type either team name and it will bring up a calendar that shows each game and you just click on it. You have to fast forward at times to get to the start of the game unless you want to watch the warmups. Keep in mind he played for Omaha at the start of the season to 11-16.

Struble - (#3)
Harris - (#2)

Northeastern - Home

there are limited free games due to CBS all access signing a deal with the Hockey East conference. If you want to see the games, click on the link, look for on demand, there's a drop down box that says all sports, pick mens hockey. Scroll down to 11-22-19 where you will see WATCH highlighted, click on it and watch Struble/Harris on the same pairing.

Khisamutdinov - (#64, CSK VVS Samara VHL)

game is from 2-14-20, he's on the first line, it's a good game to catch him since he plays a season high 23:56

game is from 2-10-20, another good game for reasons you will figure out if you watch.

there are more games listed here,

ЦСК ВВС - YouTube

you need to check on the dates he was there as he only played 14 games but all VHL games should be there.

Ruscheinski - (#3, Salmon Arm)
need a hockeytv account, just go to search and type in Salmon Arm.

I'll see if I can find other games or not.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
game report - USHL - Muskegon vs Chicago Steel - 2-9-20

Muskegon - Pitlick #9

for the '20 draft,

Muskegon - Daniil Gushchin #66, Cameron Berg #17
Chicago - Brendan Brisson #19, Sam Colangelo #16, Jimmy Dowd #3

Watched the game today, it was kind of boring for a while as the teams were at the end of a 3 in 3 days. It picked up especially in the 3rd. There was a lot of PPs which really dampened the flow.

I was mainly interested to watch Pitlick as I didn't get to see as much of him as I had hoped. He plays on the top line with the Russian Gushchin and Berg at center, also on the PP and PK with Gushchin.

He didn't do much as he was held pointless, he had a very nice pass to set up Guschchin but he flubbed the shot. He also had a few set ups on the PP. Kid is just an elite skater with plus plus speed. Some of his shifts were too long and you could see he was gassed but man can he take off in a hurry, a few quick strides and he can hit top gear. Can certainly see some comps to Byron due to size and speed while looking to be a possible 3rd liner unless his offensive skills really progress.

For the '20 prospects, first from Muskegon, once again I was impressed with Guschchin, would certainly want the Habs to be interested as he looks like a shooter but is undersized. I don't know where he intends to play next year but he led the team in goals and points. He's not got Pitlick's speed (very few do) but looks quick out there for sure.

Another player that stuck out was Cameron Berg. Might be someone of interest to take a late flyer on in the 6th round or so. He was impressive but he's Pitlick's age as he was passed over last years draft. He's more average size but looks like he could bulk up a bit with his frame. He's slated to join UNO next year. Scored a nice goal and was 2nd on the team in goals despite not being there all year as he came over with Pitlick I believe in the trade with Omaha. Both players seem to do much better with their new teams despite their new teams being worse in the standings.

For the Steel, they seemed to be the team feeling the 3 in 3 days more. Brisson didn't do too much early on but then scored a real nice goal by taking it to the net and putting it in on the backhand. He's got average size but moves well. He did ring one off the post earlier on as well. He's slated for Michigan in the fall so I should get to see a good bit of him vs Caufield and Pitlick.

Colangelo is bigger and has a more solid frame, he was lined up with Brisson and they seemed to play well together though there was something about his skating, looks like he needs more leg strength there. He's slated to join Struble/Harris so I will get to see a lot of him for sure.

I didn't know anything about Jim Dowd's kid, you may remember that Dowd was a Hab for a minute, his kid is an undersized defensemen that was passed over in the last 2 drafts as he's a few days younger then Kotka. I don't expect him to get drafted but he was easily their best player as he should be as a 19 year old but he kind of reminded me of Mete in that he used his skating and positional play to break up passes and just overall played very good D. He's slated for Penn State next year, a team that loves the run and gun offense as they rack up the goals there so I'll see him vs Caufield and Pitlick for sure.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
game report - USHL - Muskegon vs USNDTP U-17 - 11-27-19

wow what a crazy ass game that was, one of the more wild ones i've seen all year as there was 14 goals plus 2 disallowed goals and I honestly think I saw at least 7 or more shots hit the post/crossbar. The poor goalies as that doesn't even take into account the breakaways they made saves on as this game could easily of had 20+ goals.

This would be Pitlick's first game of the season with Muskegon after the trade. He scored a goal and was on the top line with '20 draftee Gushchin, as it was a beauty of a feed by the Russian to set up Pitlick. He couldn't catch a break though with the refs, had his stick slashed out of his hands, no call. Got tripped, no call. He lifted the stick and the refs called it slashing (weak call imo).

I was once again impressed with the 2 '20 draft eligible players for Muskegon from the previous game I watched, Gushchin and Cameron Berg. Gushchin has a lot of skill for sure, seems like a crafty player but he's undersized and I don't know if he's the hardest worker, but like the shot and overall offensive skills.

Berg was a beast with 2 goals and 3 pts on the night. Seems to be a hard working player. There was also another Russian that stood out a bit in Artem Shlaine, he only played 6 games in the USHL this year as he was in the USHS with Shattuck St Mary's and led the team in scoring. He had 2 pts in the game, good frame but his skating looked choppy. Not sure where he's slated to go for the draft, he's a BU commit.

For the USNDTP, I didn't focus on them as much since they are all '21 or '22 draft eligible but the 2 that stuck out for their last names, Hughes and St-Louis. Hughes certainly reminded me of his brother Quinn and oddly enough there's a Jack Hughes on the blueline who I bet gets asked a ton if he's related. St-Louis was ok, good skater/speed but didn't really do too much.

Dylan Duke, Jack Devine, Cayden Brown had the bulk of the offense with 13 pts between them. Brown is the brother of Sens Logan Brown, he's committed to Wisconsin, Devine was perhaps the most impressive, he's committed to Denver and Duke to Michigan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad