Post-Game Talk: Washington Stanley Cup Champitals @ Yotes 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I'm so happy I don't have to rip into Burakovsky :nod:.

++++Copley - Coyotes could've had a 5 goal lead after 1.
+++Vrana - Somebody had to step up, he did.
++Niskanen/Orlov - Way to not suck, fellas!
+Ovi
-Kuznetsov - We need a lot more from him.
--Reirden - I wouldn't be penciling Siegenthaler/Djoos vs Top Line in for the next game.
---Siegenthaler/Djoos - Study that tape hard. That was no good. Do the opposite.

Honorable mention: Andre Burakovsky. He giveth and he taketh away.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Caps are 8-2 in their last ten. They still suck. ;)

All those "hot" starts and teams that may have "turned the corner" yet the Metro is Caps/Jackets/Pens, and just as predicted, those are the teams that will finish top three (in any order).

Last edited:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
we need depth scoring in playoffs

That’s why we should trade him ;)

I’d trade him straight-up for Donato, Vatrano, Yamamoto. (Basically anyone whose name ends with “o,” i guess, LOL.)

We know who Bura is, by this point. He’s weak along the boards, he’s prone to giveaways, his shaky confidence is a recurring issue, he disappears for 20 games at a time.

Unless you are an opposing GM reading HFBoards. In which case ... Bura RULES. So clutch. And a Cup winner, to boot.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I’d trade him straight-up for Donato, Vatrano, Yamamoto. (Basically anyone whose name ends with “o,” i guess, LOL.)

We know who Bura is, by this point. He’s weak along the boards, he’s prone to giveaways, his shaky confidence is a recurring issue, he disappears for 20 games at a time.

Unless you are an opposing GM reading HFBoards. In which case ... Bura RULES. So clutch. And a Cup winner, to boot.

I agree but Burka isn't pulling back much, certainly not Donato. 2nd rounder IF the Caps get lucky. Unfortunately the rest of the NHL knows the bolded as well.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
-Kuznetsov - We need a lot more from him.
--Reirden - I wouldn't be penciling Siegenthaler/Djoos vs Top Line in for the next game.
---Siegenthaler/Djoos - Study that tape hard. That was no good. Do the opposite..

Kuznetsov is coming off a concussion where he missed significant games. It wasn't a little bump on the head. Remember how long it took for the real Oshie to emerge after he returned from a concussion last season. Don't expect full on Kuzy for a while yet.

You thought that it was Reirden's strategy to match a kid 3rd pair against an opposing top line? It was a road game. The dogs got the last change. They took advantage of the lack of depth.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The Bura debate is just going to intensify after this one.

He was a complete disaster, and then somehow scored a GWG.

I still haven't heard anyone make a good suggestion other than keep him on the roster until his contract is over and then let him walk. His trade value is very low - almost nothing. Getting a good return is fanciful thinking.

Reactions: Marshall

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
So yer saying you don’t like Niskanen?

Hmmmmm......where have I heard that before?

(Oh and btw — Niskanen had 2pts and was the ”Player of the Game” from the broadcast booth....but carry on, my wayward son)
Hmmmmmm I never said in that post that I dont like Niskanen.
Is that always your response? Niskanen had 2 points in this game so he is the greatest. So what. He had a good game. Does that make up for the 20 bad games he has had? I think not. Eller gets the same treatment here. A couple good games and he is a god. But people forget all the bad games.
There is no denying that that the bad has out weighed the good this season with those players this season. Orlov could probably be included with these guys as well.
All you have done is prove my point. Every time Niskanen or Eller has a decent game you guys let me know about it by pumping them up. But it really doesnt happen very often. Does it? Like I said they have far more bad games then good games.
I'd like to see them play well on a more consistent basis. That is my issue. For some reason you refuse to acknowledge that they have been inconsistent.
And why aren't you protecting Burakovsky. Everyone shit all over him in this thread lastnight but he scored the game winning goal.
BTW I never said a word about the way Niskanen played lastnight. He played well. He played the way he should be playing every game.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

I still haven't heard anyone make a good suggestion other than keep him on the roster until his contract is over and then let him walk. His trade value is very low - almost nothing. Getting a good return is fanciful thinking.

This is the only answer. Unless he is part of a package deal, which I absolutely don't see happening this season, he is worth more NOW than anything the Caps would get back for him. Plus he can always be scratched if it gets that bad, it worked last season.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Bura has Mike Green Disease. Stink all night, maybe cost a goal or two, then score a goal to complicate things.
Cure should be the same for both, let them go in free agency

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
That’s why we should trade him ;)

would you trade him for a rental? Let's say, Panarin?

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes

He's been bad on the right wing. It's not occasional he scored from the left side which he is comfortable with. Todd should return him back to the 3rd line and try Boyd as a 1RW, imo it wouldn't be worse.

Reactions: Corby78

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
would you trade him for a rental? Let's say, Panarin?

This is kinda my thought. At the trade deadline, put Bura + pick out there for an upgrade. Sell him as a young guy who has talent and just needs a change. Team may take a flyer because they get the pick and a still young guy with talent that maybe they can turn around. Contract isn't all that bad.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I agree but Burka isn't pulling back much, certainly not Donato. 2nd rounder IF the Caps get lucky. Unfortunately the rest of the NHL knows the bolded as well.

There’s almost always some GM who thinks they’re smarter and can get more out of a player.

I don’t see him getting moved this season.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Hmmmmmm I never said in that post that I dont like Niskanen.
Is that always your response? Niskanen had 2 points in this game so he is the greatest. So what. He had a good game. Does that make up for the 20 bad games he has had? I think not. Eller gets the same treatment here. A couple good games and he is a god. But people forget all the bad games.
There is no denying that that the bad has out weighed the good this season with those players this season. Orlov could probably be included with these guys as well.
All you have done is prove my point. Every time Niskanen or Eller has a decent game you guys let me know about it by pumping them up. But it really doesnt happen very often. Does it? Like I said they have far more bad games then good games.
I'd like to see them play well on a more consistent basis. That is my issue. For some reason you refuse to acknowledge that they have been inconsistent.
And why aren't you protecting Burakovsky. Everyone **** all over him in this thread lastnight but he scored the game winning goal.
BTW I never said a word about the way Niskanen played lastnight. He played well. He played the way he should be playing every game.

Hi Maaco

The team is in first in the Metro. They just won the Cup. 8-2 in their last 10 games.

However, based on your assessment, much of the team is playing poorly (or your new word....inconsistent), yet here they are. How can they all be playing this way (most of the defense, as you rail on Niskanen, Orlov, Djoos...and to a lesser extent, Kempny). The forwards you think are poor (Eller, Stephenson, DSP, Dowd) make up most of the bottom 6. Kuznetsov, Oshie, and Wilson have all missed a lot of time, so they arent winning due to them recently.

It must be goaltending? Your favourite son, Holtby? Nope, cant be that...he's having his worst statistical year....ever?

It must be coaching then? Nope...cant be that, as Trotz is coaching the Isles to an amazing start. Reirden is a boob, from what I've seen you say.

So.....this team must be in bottom tier of the division and conference. BUT, they arent. So.....what gives? All these poor players and coaches and yet #1 in Metro.

Maybe it's your assessments of the team and these players that is.... "inconsistent"?

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Hi Maaco

The team is in first in the Metro. They just won the Cup. 8-2 in their last 10 games.

However, based on your assessment, much of the team is playing poorly (or your new word....inconsistent), yet here they are. How can they all be playing this way (most of the defense, as you rail on Niskanen, Orlov, Djoos...and to a lesser extent, Kempny). The forwards you think are poor (Eller, Stephenson, DSP, Dowd) make up most of the bottom 6. Kuznetsov, Oshie, and Wilson have all missed a lot of time, so they arent winning due to them recently.

It must be goaltending? Your favourite son, Holtby? Well...he's having his worst statistical year....ever?

It must be coaching then? Nope...cant be that, as Trotz is coaching the Isles to an amazing start. Reirden is a boob, from what I've seen you say.

So.....this team must be in bottom tier of the division and conference. BUT, they arent. So.....what gives? All these poor players and coaches and yet #1 in Metro.

Maybe it's your assessments of the team and these playrers that are.... "inconsistent"?

:popcorn:

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I have no idea why people bother arguing with inanimate objects on here.

Let the weekend begin!

B3q1iJj.gif

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
generally i do like the way the team is playing. We are definitely not peaking too early but getting points on a regular basis, Ovi hunting for a routine Rocket, Vrana shining, even Burt scoring... Boyd and Bowey getting confidence. What else do you need in early December? To burn villages like Atlantic teams and then to die in spring? This team grows wiser, they know exactly when the time has come to make a push.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad