OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread Vol 8: The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Reed needs to be cut - would save over $8M. We can cut Smith after next season and save close $40 million over two years - his dead weight will be only $10 mill next year too, compared to $32 million if cut right now.

I think Kerrigan should be restructured down to around $6 to $7M on a mid-term contract. $12M is way too high for him.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
From what I Heard when we cut Reed that’s another 8.5 in cap savings. Cutting AP would be another 5.5

I’m not sure how much of that 75-80 million in Cap space will have to go to Trent, Sheriff, and Kerrigan. But we should still have enough to add a few good players

Reactions: Beef Invictus

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
From what I Heard when we cut Reed that’s another 8.5 in cap savings. Cutting AP would be another 5.5

I’m not sure how much of that 75-80 million in Cap space will have to go to Trent, Sheriff, and Kerrigan. But we should still have enough to add a few good players
I wonder why they didn’t cut him today. Maybe they want to see where he is at health wise?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Trent’s number is already in there. I cannot imagine his yearly AAV will go up at all, even with an extension.

Kerrigan also has 11.5m counted into it. He’s not an FA. If anything, they will rework his deal to lower that 11.5m.

Scherff will certainly hit into that number As would Flowers.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
That’s odd. I’ve read in multiple places that Norman alone was 12.5 and Richardson was 6.5 mil in savings. 15m seems low

Spotrac has Norman as carrying 3M dead cap next year. I'm not sure what he salary would've been but it was 10.8M in 2019. I've also seen that 12.5 number so salary probably bumped to 15.5M or so, not counting weird cap gymnastics.

Richardson has 6M (!) dead cap. His salary was only 5M last year and 1.5 the first year. They must really dislike him. I'm reading they only save 2.5M with that cut.

Roundup: Redskins cut veteran WR Paul Richardson

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
It's better to deal with dead-cap now and pay off all the guaranteed money than down the road when we are more competitive and in need of second contracts for our rookies.

Skins are saving money in the near future by dealing with the dead cap - and its savings, btw - on next year's cap.

Reactions: max21

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
No areas want to give Snyder a sweetheart deal on land and funding, so, he's trying to do anything he can to weasel his way to a new stadium for the least amount of money coming from himself.

Reactions: Bananas

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Technically FedEx is only about 3 miles from the DC border. ;)
Yeah I usually ride the metro in and walk to Fedex. Just sucks theirs no restaurants/bars nearby. That’s what makes Caps games so fun. I guess not every stadium is near that sort of stuff so idk. I just know that area sucks lol. I’d rather spend my money on caps tickets anyways.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007

Bruce Allen. My goodness, you inept toadstool. What a bonanza of “winning off the field” you brought us all.

Also, Micro will always be a scumbag. He’s probably been like this since the day he was born. There’s nothing Rivera or anyone else can do about his shitty tendencies. He’d never just find the best site and build the best stadium. It’s not in his DNA to have that kind of integrity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
First national mock I've seen that has the Redskins trading out. They'd receive 5, 18, and 39 from Miami and take Isaiah Simmons, LB/S, Clemson and Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama in the first round in this scenario.

Personally speaking, 5, 18, and 39 isn't enough for me to pull the trigger and pass on Young, though it's a nice starting point.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
First national mock I've seen that has the Redskins trading out. They'd receive 5, 18, and 39 from Miami and take Isaiah Simmons, LB/S, Clemson and Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama in the first round in this scenario.

Personally speaking, 5, 18, and 39 isn't enough for me to pull the trigger and pass on Young, though it's a nice starting point.
I agree. I wouldn’t be thrilled trading Chase Young for those players

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

IMO you need at least #5 and 18 in 2020 and a 2021 1st rounder, too. If you can get all 4 picks you have to think hard about pulling the trigger.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I need Miami's three 1sts this year + their 2nd this and next year to have a realistic discussion. Willing to lob them a 4th next year to even it out if need be.

To WAS:
2020 5OA, 18OA, 25OA, 39OA, 2021 2nd round

To MIA:
2020 2OA, 2021 4th round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad