OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 2 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think we've known all along Haskins is going to start within the first few weeks of the season, possibly wk1.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It's still taboo to start a guy in week 1 if the vet has better mechanics blah blah.

The proper way old school NFLers do it, is to wait until the vet stumbles and has 2 INTs, or goes 0-3 and sucks in the first half of week 4.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It's still taboo to start a guy in week 1 if the vet has better mechanics blah blah.

The proper way old school NFLers do it, is to wait until the vet stumbles and has 2 INTs, or goes 0-3 and sucks in the first half of week 4.

We all know The Dan will make the final call on who starts so it's likely Haskins in Week 1. Jersey and ticket sales trump all, ya know.

Reactions: Corby78

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We all know The Dan will make the final call on who starts so it's likely Haskins in Week 1. Jersey and ticket sales trump all, ya know.

Alas, but then Keenum sales are nil.

Week 4 gives the best of both worlds.

Hey wait, since when he is any good at marketing?

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It would be nice but Danny will figure out a way to **** it up. That’s what he does. Curb stomps potentially nice things.

Alonzo-Mourning.gif

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

Take away top 5 picks over 70% of Skins picks 2010-15 are out of the NFL

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Awesome. On the Skins the “Leaders” continue to lead.

Nicely done, Trent “I signed a contract but I don’t think it’s fair that I need to honour it?!?!!” Williams.

Nicely done, Josh “I’m one of the highest paid/yet underperforming CB’s in the league, but I’d rather Dance w Stars and risk getting my nuts gorged by a bull than take football seriously” Norman.

In Bruce We Trust.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Awesome. On the Skins the “Leaders” continue to lead.

Nicely done, Trent “I signed a contract but I don’t think it’s fair that I need to honour it?!?!!” Williams.

Nicely done, Josh “I’m one of the highest paid/yet underperforming CB’s in the league, but I’d rather Dance w Stars and risk getting my nuts gorged by a bull than take football seriously” Norman.

In Bruce We Trust.

I feel like it's pretty ridiculous to kill Trent on anything right now. There's legitimate complaints and questions about how good our medical staff is and if he doesn't feel they've got his best interest at heart, why not attempt to force their hand? About the only way I think Trent would end up being unjustified in what he's doing is if Chris Russel's crackpot theory about Geron Christensan turned out to be true.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Has to be more to this. Cutting him frees up 4 mil in cap space. That’s the only reason to do this, IMO. Use cap savings to resign Scherff and Trent.

Also, have to think that ILB they drafted out of UNC has impressed so far for them to make this move.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Has to be more to this. Cutting him frees up 4 mil in cap space. That’s the only reason to do this, IMO. Use cap savings to resign Scherff and Trent.

Also, have to think that ILB they drafted out of UNC has impressed so far for them to make this move.

Always sucks when guys lose their job but I'm not upset with this. Foster was so limited athletically (for an NFL linebacker, of course); it was painful watching him try to cover TEs or chase down RBs.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->