OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 5: Shards and puddles (7-9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
waiting to Ninja that DC job. Watch your back Manusky!

Micro-P has learned all too well that employees thrive when they can’t trust anyone. It’s the secret to his prolonged success in the league. It’s so avant guarde that no one will copy it either so he’s got pretty much the monopoly on getting the absolute most from coaching hires. It’s a huge competitive advantage - managerial poetry in motion.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I see, you’re predicting some contract that nobody has any idea what it will ultimately be and the trickle down that may or may not impact future contracts of guys who could get hurt and be out of the NFL tomorrow.

I’m simply saying from a talent perspective, McCoy gives any reasonably intelligent fan zero hope for next year. I fully expect McCoy and a rookie coming in mid-season.

Snyder and Allen continue to manage the franchise from the corner they painted themselves into at the QB position.

McCoy gives any reasonably intelligent fan cause for optimism because it signals that they’re willing to have a down year so they can attempt to fix the QB situation for the next decade plus.

Only morons are hopping the Redskins scratch and claw to 7-9 again.

Reactions: Corby78

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
McCoy gives any reasonably intelligent fan cause for optimism because it signals that they’re willing to have a down year so they can attempt to fix the QB situation for the next decade plus.

Only morons are hopping the Redskins scratch and claw to 7-9 again.

If they are going to tank then I agree McCoy is a fine option for that. But in order to properly tank they need to sell assets that have value now but who are likely to decline before the team is competitive again.

They also need to be open with the fanbase about what their plan is, similar to what Leonsis did when he basically told the fans that they were going to rebuild and suck for a few years before they became good again. It would build some good-will toward ownership and management which has exactly zero credibility right now. Of course I highly doubt Snyder is open to this despite attendance and interest in the team being near rock-bottom because he is impatient and has shown no ability to run a winning football team.

Reactions: Bananas

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I see, you’re predicting some contract that nobody has any idea what it will ultimately be and the trickle down that may or may not impact future contracts of guys who could get hurt and be out of the NFL tomorrow.

I’m simply saying from a talent perspective, McCoy gives any reasonably intelligent fan zero hope for next year. I fully expect McCoy and a rookie coming in mid-season.

Snyder and Allen continue to manage the franchise from the corner they painted themselves into at the QB position.

Smith will count 20 mil against the cap in 19 and 20 and 56 mil in dead money if they cut him now. He isn’t going anywhere. So that’s 20 mil against the cap on a QB that can’t play.

Skins trade for Dalton that’s 16 mil against the cap in 19 and 17.5 mil in 20. If Dalton is cut I can’t see him signing for less than 10 mil a year. Skins tie up 30-37 mil in 2 players over the next 2 years Scherff isn’t getting an extension and Allen and others might not either.

McCoy costs 3.5 against the cap and Johnson and a rookie would cost less than 5 combined. Smith probably isn’t playing again so draft a QB and see if McCoy is as good as Gruden thinks/hopes he is. Best case scenario IMO.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
That's what I'm saying. They can't afford to do anything other than draft a QB, and probably nab another next year.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
That's what I'm saying. They can't afford to do anything other than draft a QB, and probably nab another next year.

Yeah, sure. Mid-rounder this year, first rounder next year. I’m all for it.

Plus, McCoy will be a good mentor as far as being a professional and the Gruden playbook are concerned.

It’s really not a nightmare rebuild if the Redskins do it right. They could have a decent team surrounding a couple young QBs in about 14 months from now. All they have to do is draft well and go 2-14 next season. At that point they could even lure in a legit coaching or GM candidate if they wanted to move on from the dynamic Allen/Gruden Abbot/Costello duo.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Smith will count 20 mil against the cap in 19 and 20 and 56 mil in dead money if they cut him now. He isn’t going anywhere. So that’s 20 mil against the cap on a QB that can’t play.

Skins trade for Dalton that’s 16 mil against the cap in 19 and 17.5 mil in 20. If Dalton is cut I can’t see him signing for less than 10 mil a year. Skins tie up 30-37 mil in 2 players over the next 2 years Scherff isn’t getting an extension and Allen and others might not either.

McCoy costs 3.5 against the cap and Johnson and a rookie would cost less than 5 combined. Smith probably isn’t playing again so draft a QB and see if McCoy is as good as Gruden thinks/hopes he is. Best case scenario IMO.

I’m not suggesting they trade for him, but I would take him if they could get him at a more reasonable cap hit.

Just like Flacco, I expect he’s cut eventually. McCoy, Johnson, rookie, probably no reason to watch then.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, sure. Mid-rounder this year, first rounder next year. I’m all for it.

Plus, McCoy will be a good mentor as far as being a professional and the Gruden playbook are concerned.

It’s really not a nightmare rebuild if the Redskins do it right. They could have a decent team surrounding a couple young QBs in about 14 months from now. All they have to do is draft well and go 2-14 next season. At that point they could even lure in a legit coaching or GM candidate if they wanted to move on from the dynamic Allen/Gruden Abbot/Costello duo.

It’s a f***ing nightmare come on.

They haven’t proven they can do much right. Why blindly expect that now suddenly?

Mid-rounder/1st pick QB’s this year and next year is exactly what I expect.

Hoping they invoke “blind squirrel finds a nut”....and get lucky with a draftee this year. Them getting lucky is about the best option right now.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
It’s a ****ing nightmare come on.

They haven’t proven they can do much right. Why blindly expect that now suddenly?

Mid-rounder/1st pick QB’s this year and next year is exactly what I expect.

Hoping they invoke “blind squirrel finds a nut”....and get lucky with a draftee this year. Them getting lucky is about the best option right now.

A blind squirrel finding a nut in the draft, is a better option than a blind squirrel spending more money on old QBs who won't do anything but put a strain on the cap and get us to 7-9. Unless your like Bruce and feel 7-9 is close and worth getting excited about.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
What I’d personally do if I were calling the shots in RacistMonikerLand is Unleash the Sanchez, Clash of the Titans style. That way you’d get a no-doubt-about-it 1-15 season and the team would be so bad it’d actually be kinda fun/funny to watch.

I’ll do you one better. Not only do we need to buy out smith and eat the cap all next year, play Sanchez/McCoy all year, but I would trade away guys like Kerrigan or anyone else we can get futures for and won’t be a key cog in two years. I’m all in on the nuclear rebuild

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What I’d personally do if I were calling the shots in RacistMonikerLand is Unleash the Sanchez, Clash of the Titans style. That way you’d get a no-doubt-about-it 1-15 season and the team would be so bad it’d actually be kinda fun/funny to watch.

Love your plan but it'll never happen. I cancelled my season tickets in 2014 and I got a phone call from a Redskins sales agent today offering me a steep discount to re-up as a result of my longtime loyalty to the franchise as a STH. I countered with an offer to buy a club suite every season until Snyder sells if he would get Allen fired and name me as his replacement. Shockingly, he turned down my offer but the point of the story still stands: Dan will never tank or do anything that would potentially cause ticket sales to decrease.

By the way, your dedication to calling him Micro-P brings me great joy.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I’m not suggesting they trade for him, but I would take him if they could get him at a more reasonable cap hit.

Just like Flacco, I expect he’s cut eventually. McCoy, Johnson, rookie, probably no reason to watch then.

I would rather have Dalton. I wanted the Skins to draft him. He’s a Cousins level QB a team can win with. The cap situation just makes it impossible as far as I can tell or have read.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Love your plan but it'll never happen. I cancelled my season tickets in 2014 and I got a phone call from a Redskins sales agent today offering me a steep discount to re-up as a result of my longtime loyalty to the franchise as a STH. I countered with an offer to buy a club suite every season until Snyder sells if he would get Allen fired and name me as his replacement. Shockingly, he turned down my offer but the point of the story still stands: Dan will never tank or do anything that would potentially cause ticket sales to decrease.

Heyyyyy you finally gave in and got all modded. Congrats!

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007

Would never do anything that would potentially cause ticket sales to decrease or does absolutely everything to ensure ticket sales decrease?

If he’s shooting for the former, he’s wound up with the later and should probably change tactics....

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Watch us draft Kyler Murray and him to pick baseball over the skins

Or, he will be sitting there for us to take, and we don't out of fear he wishes to toil in the minors for a few years, and he becomes an NFL stud. We end up reaching on a safety to fill the void we created by ditching Swearinger.

Seeing as we are surrounding Manusky with his replacements, it lends credence to Swearinger's rants.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Would never do anything that would potentially cause ticket sales to decrease or does absolutely everything to ensure ticket sales decrease?

If he’s shooting for the former, he’s wound up with the later and should probably change tactics....

I honestly think he thinks they're close to being a winner. Listen to Allen's presser. They're both crummy snake oil salesmen who either have no issues lying through their teeth to tell the people what they think they want to hear or they're both delusional and they actually think this team is set up to compete and that the fans will come flocking back once they win another game or two.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
One of the Ryan Twins being named ILB coach is a big meh from me and more proof the Skins need to scrape the bottom of the barrel to fill some of their coaching vacancies.

Took me until now to comment on this hire because I had to wait to stop the eye rolling that started once I heard Rob was hired yesterday.

Rex and Rob are two of the most overrated coaches in NFL history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->