OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Cap space remaining after Alex Smith contract factored in. This means one, or more, will need to be cut if the Skins want to sign Hankins and others.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The comp pick cookie is slowly crumbling ...

...leave it to the Redskins to get burned by the Breeland and Grant FA fumbles fml.

Is it though?

I still don’t really understand how it works. I’m thinking it’s based on “dollars in, dollars out”. Not “bodies in, bodies out”. Does anyone know this?

The Hankins signing would be huge for the Skins. Allows a true trade back at 13 (which should make you really happy, Ripened Fruit?). I’d still take one of the very top DB’s at 13, if they thought it was a guy worth it there.

I now see that it’s not accurate. Least, not yet!

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Is it though?

I still don’t really understand how it works. I’m thinking it’s based on “dollars in, dollars out”. Not “bodies in, bodies out”. Does anyone know this?

The Hankins signing would be huge for the Skins. Allows a true trade back at 13 (which should make you really happy, Ripened Fruit?). I’d still take one of the very top DB’s at 13, if they thought it was a guy worth it there.

i dont think grant counts as a comp pick anyways

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
also since scandrick, drc and hankins were released, signing any of them doesnt count against the compensatory picks the skins have

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
That helps. Only Richardson then.

I can’t see the tweet with how much cap space is left. Can you just tell me the number?

that tweet doesnt exist anymore so not sure it was right. seems from different people (although unconfirmed) it has it around 16k

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Is it though?

From my quick search the formula is some manner of Salary+playing time+postseason honors.

Only 32 picks handed out each year, they cannot be traded. Only awarded to clubs that have signed fewer UFA players than they lost in free agency. Each club can get a maximum of 4 (I guess up to the 32 # overall)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
LOL.

Hankins is a good player though, IMO. Far better than Scandrick (so...more costly). Sign him and we really are in a position to draft BPA at 13.

Or, again....make Ripened Fruit happy and trade back. Which, as this off season progresses, is seeming more and more like a good solution.

If we had 16m left, just used say 4m of it on Scandrick, then we have 12m left. Sign someone worthwhile for 8m (preferrably for D or OL), and then draft away......

Sep 19, 2008
DRC and Scandrick are has been, washed up garbage. Again, this team wouldn't pursue Mathieu but yeah let's sign some guys who are way past their prime to take Breeland or Fuller's spot. It makes ZERO sense.

Reactions: Corby78
Sep 19, 2008
The only way I embrace taking another team's discarded garbage is if this frees up cap space for Hankins. If the Redskins don't sign Hankins this is a waste of money. Yes I'm pissed. How can anyone flat out tell me that Scandrick is any good. He's not. He was injured last year. He put up sub par statistics. He was cut. f***ing pissed.

Reactions: robertmac43

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So the secondary has been significantly downgraded between trading Fuller for Scandrick. WR position has been upgraded. I'd really like to sign Hankins... he'd be a beast in front of Zach Brown Band. BPA at 13 or trade down.

Sep 19, 2008
I can't recall being as irritated or frustrated with a Redskins FA signing in a very long time. THis is one of the worst deals I've EVER seen this FO make. They better get Hankins because if they don't they would have gone cheap and signed a stopgap for a year or so. I absolutely agree, it's a damn downgrade. You let go of two 20-something backs, one of them with a bright side, and replace them with an aging veteran whose play is on the decline. Honestly I do not understand the logic here. I'm not a football guru, I'm no genius, but this is literally common sense that they got WORSE in a position they were supposed to get BETTER in. It doesn't take a f***ing genius to figure that out.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
LOL

One would think, based on all the historical evidence, they wouldn’t sign an ex-cowboy. I don’t recall any being worth a damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad