OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Can you imagine...you go to hit your career deal and that's your downfall? You would think these guys would learn to wrap themselves in bubble wrap until they're signed.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Yeah...color me skeptical. I have a hard time believing that story. More likely an old injury became aggravated some time as a Redskin and they looked the other way. Would explain a few things.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
he didnt make any visits or anything. seems he just chose them, we dont know any other offers

Good team, poised to do do well and a strong D for him to slide right into. He’s playing for his next deal so the Texans make sense.

Dude has miss major parts of many seasons.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Crows give Crabtree 3 year 21 mil deal a day after voiding Grants 4 year 29 mil deal over a supposedly sprained ankle.

Shady

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Crows give Crabtree 3 year 21 mil deal a day after voiding Grants 4 year 29 mil deal over a supposedly sprained ankle.

Shady

Honestly it sounds a little less shady with those numbers because they're close to the same AAV. That doesn't mean they didn't have buyer's remorse about Grant, though.

However, the Breeland "accident" makes me wonder about the Skins team doctors, and therefore Grant.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Honestly it sounds a little less shady with those numbers because they're close to the same AAV. That doesn't mean they didn't have buyer's remorse about Grant, though.

However, the Breeland "accident" makes me wonder about the Skins team doctors, and therefore Grant.

Breelands injury happened 2 weeks ago in the Dominican Republic. What does that have to do with the Skins Doctors?

And there was a tweet showing the final play of last season. Grant was moving pretty good for having a sprained ankle so bad he failed a physical almost 3 months later.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Breelands injury happened 2 weeks ago in the Dominican Republic. What does that have to do with the Skins Doctors?

And there was a tweet showing the final play of last season. Grant was moving pretty good for having a sprained ankle so bad he failed a physical almost 3 months later.

Like I said before I find the explanation for Breeland's injury to be, at the very least, suspicious.

Players are jacked up on painkillers. That's why they can look dead one play and be hopping around a few minutes later, after going down the tunnel.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Baltimore came to their senses.

Smart.

Why no sympathy for Breeland, whose contract was voided over an infection.

Or is it more self pity because we lost out on a potential comp pick.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Baltimore came to their senses.

Smart.

Why no sympathy for Breeland, whose contract was voided over an infection.

Or is it more self pity because we lost out on a potential comp pick.

No sympathy for Breeland because he is a better player with a 4 year starting NFL CB resume to fall back on. He will probably not get big money when he heals up, will probably have to take a 1 year prove it deal, but he will command starting money.

Grant on the other hand doesn’t have the resume Breeland does, probably never will. He was set to get generational money with the Crows over paying until they used shady dealings to go back on their word. Now Grant is left to scrounge for whatever he can get with an injury cloud hanging over his head he doesn’t deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->