OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We need to abandon the 3-4 once and for all. Taking a nose is taking a 2 down player, if even that. 2nd and long, he jogs off. I want an every down player at 13. I hope a decade of not having a proper nose spells the end of shanahan's failed 3-4 vision. With Haynesworth at nose. Some are quick to point out we're only in it 25% of the time, but then why even f***ing bother. NTs are freaks and most are injury prone it seems.

I'll take an all down RB instead. Derrius Jurcina.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Skins just traded for the local QB with the Browns.

I think I had that one, sort of. ;)

Skins app has CLE and Skins swapping 6th rounders and the Skins get Hogan. There is the late round QB in this years draft.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Local kid. Not necessarily interested in seeing the Skins trade for him but if he is cut that would be a different story.

Ok I didn’t have it at all but moving down 17 spots in the 6tg to get this kid is basically signing him as a FA but better. He still is on his tiny rookie contract.

This move also probably ends any chance, however slim, of the Skins drafting Jackson.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think its good to bring in someone young. We are old at the QB position, and are still stinging from losing Sudsy. Moving down 17 slots seems fine to get a young guy with size and experience. Vs drafting a 6th rounder with zippy NFL tape.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
To me it makes up for losing Sudfeld to Philly. It seems like our PS was looted a lot last year. Indy snatched a few players IIRC. I think we got taken in the Cravens deal a bit but can understand that we wanted to move on from him. I just felt we should have waited Denver out or another team to have injuries strike, and then dump him. I guess we didn't want him in camp at all.... distraction / head case factor.

Sep 19, 2008
By all accounts Redskins are having a solid offseason (other than the Scandrick deal but you can't be perfect). Signed some receivers to help Smith out. Addressed defensive concerns. In good position to draft up front or in the secondary.

Like the Hogan move because he's shown flashes of potential and is still young.

Reactions: RandyHolt

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
By all accounts Redskins are having a solid offseason (other than the Scandrick deal but you can't be perfect). Signed some receivers to help Smith out. Addressed defensive concerns. In good position to draft up front or in the secondary.

Like the Hogan move because he's shown flashes of potential and is still young.

I somewhat agree but losing Fuller puts a big asterisk on any positive moves from this offseason, in my opinion.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I somewhat agree but losing Fuller puts a big asterisk on any positive moves from this offseason, in my opinion.

Meh. They could be looking at having Fuller, and that 3rd (minus Scandrick, obv).....

And starting McCoy. Or perhaps they would have had to spend 10-15m for Keenum, or Taylor, or.....yup get my drift.

I’d far rather have Smith....and the rest of this off-season. Just IMO

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Meh. They could be looking at having Fuller, and that 3rd (minus Scandrick, obv).....

And starting McCoy. Or perhaps they would have had to spend 10-15m for Keenum, or Taylor, or.....yup get my drift.

I’d far rather have Smith....and the rest of this off-season. Just IMO

I guess we'll see! Breeland is gone, Fuller is gone. Norman was an overpaid JAG last year. Dunbar is promising and Moreau showed nothing last year... that's not to say that he can't be good but he's certainly far from being a surefire contributor. The secondary could be a giant mess. Again.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I guess we'll see! Breeland is gone, Fuller is gone. Norman was an overpaid JAG last year. Dunbar is promising and Moreau showed nothing last year... that's not to say that he can't be good but he's certainly far from being a surefire contributor. The secondary could be a giant mess. Again.

Oh I get it. Not finished at all. But I’d rather the secondary need work than the QB spot.

I also think we take DB st 13. Unless the guys we want are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->