OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season V0l. 2: 1-1 = Half empty... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The day Slim Rob is no longer a Redskins will be a happy day for me. Not because I think Slim Rob is a bad dude but because I don't think he is an NFL level RB. And as long as he occupies a roster spot the RB position will continue to be a position of weakness.

He seems like one of those guys the team is in love with when they probably shouldn't be.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Tis the age we live in...

Haha.

Football coaches have been foul-mouthed since forever. My grandfather played for the exception, George Munger, who would make anyone who swore sprint a lap everytime they cussed while telling them as Ivy Leaguers should express themselves more intelligently. As a result he strongly disliked how foul mouthed his NFL coach was.

These people didn't exactly have family events at practices then either.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Jets' Bowles slams Pryor for discussing injuries

The entire Washington defense was yelling at Pryor after the drop. Pryor replied with his own trash talk, prompting Swearinger to approach him. He faked a left-handed jab, and Pryor responded with a pronounced flinch. Several Washington players laughed. That silenced Pryor for the remainder of practice.
Pryor apparently wasn't well-liked by teammates, who have been taking for weeks about targeting him in the joint practices.
After practice, Pryor was pursued by members of the Washington media. He declined interviews, reportedly saying, "I'm ready to get the f--- out of here."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Jets' Bowles slams Pryor for discussing injuries

The entire Washington defense was yelling at Pryor after the drop. Pryor replied with his own trash talk, prompting Swearinger to approach him. He faked a left-handed jab, and Pryor responded with a pronounced flinch. Several Washington players laughed. That silenced Pryor for the remainder of practice.
Pryor apparently wasn't well-liked by teammates, who have been taking for weeks about targeting him in the joint practices.
After practice, Pryor was pursued by members of the Washington media. He declined interviews, reportedly saying, "I'm ready to get the f--- out of here."

Guy makes lots of friends.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Telling Jay, who's being nice and chatting you up, that "they can't guard me" is buttery soft. Then bitching out while here? Damn, I really believed in Pryor before hand but he's charmin soft. My love for Swearinger continues to grow though.

Apparently the Scandrick cut was due to fit, apparently coaches and players didn't get along with him. Supposedly he had a big mouth and wasn't consistently able to back it up and it sat wrong with people. I'm okay with it, didn't think he was good enough to warrant sitting rookies/young players but I'm certainly afraid for how the oustide CB's are gonna play this year.

Also with all that cap space I really wish they'd reach out to Hankins. I know he's not a need now but having Hankins man the middle and rotating Allen, Io, and Payne at the ends is a *really* mean DL core. Like...that'd clear up a lot of fear in the DB's.

Bananas

Mar 26, 2007
Really long article on the Su'a Cravens. Haven't finished it yet but man, what a mess that situation was (and still is).

TLDR.

And why would I spend time on that loser?

I love it. The Skins are dumping me first chumps who don’t back it up on the field. Next up is Norman if he doesn’t raise his game back up to respectable levels.

Cravens, Skandrick, Cousins, Pryor...

We’re kicking prima dona bamas to the curb.

Everything is going great except that damned Guice injury. Man... Pee-Ron and Fat or Whatever-His-Current-Weight-May-Be Kelly are a joke tandem. They both totally suck.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I read it. It’s only a mess if you believe Cravens side of the story.

I think Su'a was/is an immature kid who doesn't handle not being in control well and who wasn't ready emotionally for the NFL, and I think the Redskins didn't handle it properly. It has nothing to do with believing his side of the story or not. As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle of the two narratives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->