OT: Washington Redskins 2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Laverance

Feb 12, 2013
Inspiration for many variations(as many as there are facilities) for indoor hockey on a wooden or cement surface. Very revealing about the mid 19th century mindset about youth athletics.
Thanks Canadiens1958.I thought it may have been used in the winter though only on wet ground but without the skates.Making the first indoor Ice-Hockey Game later on into the century.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Compensatory picks incoming...

Hopefully this is a sign that the Redskins are baragain shoppers now in FA and it’s not simply a sign that no one wants to come here. If this is a concerted effort from the front office to build through the draft and be fiscally responsible when handing out contracts, I’m all for it. I think FA moves are more useful once your roster is closer to contention than ours is currently. Now all they need to do is start drafting better...

I'm good with this, especially this year. Now that you can carry over monies (saved cap space) from one year to the next, it would make sense to hold off, unless they felt they could get a difference maker somewhere.

They will be looking at a chunk of compensatory picks, with all the players that are being signed away. Granted, its not until 2019, but thats fine. They should be better primed to take advantage of those picks next year, anyway.

Reactions: Bananas

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
They will be looking at a chunk of compensatory picks, with all the players that are being signed away. Granted, its not until 2019, but thats fine. They should be better primed to take advantage of those picks next year, anyway.

More to it than who a team loses in FA. Who they sign in FA factors in as well.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
I'm good with this, especially this year. Now that you can carry over monies (saved cap space) from one year to the next, it would make sense to hold off, unless they felt they could get a difference maker somewhere.

Bruce Allen: "What's a compensatory pick?" :sarcasm:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Its still early, so I'm holding judgement until FA/Draft is over. But I will say its a bad start to the offseason. We have more holes in the roster now then at the end of the season. This team will need to find some solid players after some cuts are made across the league, and have an outstanding draft. Right now it looks like were hoping to resign a few guys we like and hopefully still be .500 next year.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
More to it than who a team loses in FA. Who they sign in FA factors in as well.

Yeah so far losing Cousins, Grant, Murphy, Brown, Long and Breeland is WAY more than signing Richardson. At this rate we’re looking at a 3rd plus...

It’s smart to wait until the dust settles and sign one or two useful pieces at reasonable deals. Then head to the draft. It’s looking like none of the top QBs will make it to 13 after the Bills trade but that means the crop of position players should be excellent. It’s still a good spot to be in although I’m hoping they trade down for more picks as much as possible. The downside to having AS is that we’ll probably not be terribad next year no matter what. The upside is that he’ll give us leadership and apparently wants to be here. It’s now on coaching to develop Crowder and Doctson into the best players they can be. We need both to step up.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
So dramatic...

Yeah so far losing Cousins, Grant, Murphy, Brown, Long and Breeland is WAY more than signing Richardson. At this rate we’re looking at a 3rd plus...

Yes but they better not be done or why did they trade a 3rd and Fuller for a 34 year old QB? Bruce will go dumpster diving soon enough.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
More likely they’re not wanted, in the case of that draft class.

Yeah the only good players on that list are Cousins and Brown. Cousins we’ve gone over to death. Brown is probably just a matter of pricing and age. Ultimately, I really like this offseason so far. It’s showing some organizational maturity and taking a longer view. We need more young, large players and that is all about the draft. If we trade down and get more picks I’d say it’s an excellent sign for the Redskins. It means they’ll finally be joining the ranks of teams who value draft picks and don’t foster a culture of overpaid mercenaries. Plus there’s still time to add some useful players in FA. Flying Redskins One around, wining, dining and signing is a failed policy. Draft big, coach up and develop. That’s the look.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Not sure the Skins are in the value draft pick category when they just let 4 players from a good draft walk for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->