OT: Washington Nationals Win The World Series!!!

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Geesh Max really laboring. Showing the Astros hitters too much respect.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Full disclosure I’m a lifelong Yankee fan, so them not making it is a bit of a sting. What the Nats are currently doing is fantastic. Any DC baseball fan, or local sports fan in general, should be enjoying this for as long as it lasts.

Reactions: TheFountainhead

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
What a win! And 5 off the mighty Cole to boot. I missed the ending though. Hudson struggling in the 8th was my last memory before I lost the battle and surrendered to the sleep Gods. The Boys didn’t play like they had a week off. Huge

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
7 game series. The overwhelming favorite losses at home with their best pitcher. They face game 2 at home vs the Nats best pitcker. Going down 2-0 and going on the road vs a team that is 18-2 and on an 8 game win streak is intolerable. Its a must win game.

Meanwhile the Nats keep rolling in their blue Nationals script uni.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
MLB pre game analysis wondered if the Astros weren't a creation of an American League with 3 100 loss teams and the Nationals a product of a competitive league. After last night I question the idea that the Astros are a juggernaut. I question of the Nationals are an inferior team.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
MLB pre game analysis wondered if the Astros weren't a creation of an American League with 3 100 loss teams and the Nationals a product of a competitive league. After last night I question the idea that the Astros are a juggernaut. I question of the Nationals are an inferior team.

I wouldn't call the Stros a juggernaut but they are playing in their 2nd series in 3 years and they lost game one 5-4. They are a very good team.

And, clearly, the Nats are not inferior. They did beat the Dodgers who had the 2nd best record behind Houston and swept a good team in St. Louis.

The Nats got over a significant hurdle winning game 1 over Cole, getting at least a split out of the first 2 games in Houston, but its far from over. Especially with the Nats having Corbin and Sanchez yet to start and a questionable bullpen.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I wouldn't call the Stros a juggernaut but they are playing in their 2nd series in 3 years and they lost game one 5-4. They are a very good team.

And, clearly, the Nats are not inferior. They did beat the Dodgers who had the 2nd best record behind Houston and swept a good team in St. Louis.

The Nats got over a significant hurdle winning game 1 over Cole, getting at least a split out of the first 2 games in Houston, but its far from over. Especially with the Nats having Corbin and Sanchez yet to start and a questionable bullpen.

This is all true, but the pre series media was slobbering all over the Astros and barely mentioned the Nats even as the opponent. Baseball media barely gave the Nats a chance. This would be considered a big upset if the Nats pull this off.

But they will!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad