OT: Washington Nationals Win The World Series!!!

Sep 19, 2008

How did the crowd size at the Nats parade compare to the Caps?

Seemed more cramped but they held it on a street instead of the national mall. At one point you couldn't even leave the front of the parade or else you had very little chance of getting back. The sea of humanity there was insane. Unfortunately I have no overall pics of t he crowd size, I'd like to see it from up high

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Had a few friends that went and they all said the crowd was huge but tamer than the Caps parade. I wonder if the fact it fell on a Saturday and people had their kids with them had anything to do with this.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Had a few friends that went and they all said the crowd was huge but tamer than the Caps parade. I wonder if the fact it fell on a Saturday and people had their kids with them had anything to do with this.

The level fan pain abatement was a good deal lower, thus the jubilance was less IMO.

good portion of an MLB crowd is a bit different from your average hockey fan too in ways I think.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
good portion of an MLB crowd is a bit different from your average hockey fan too in ways I think.

Exactly that. Not to generalize too much about the crowd, and there was a solid mix I thought, but the demographics I think skewed a bit older on average than the Caps parade. Lot of people in their 40s, 50s and 60s out there enjoying the event. Certainly nothing wrong with that, but you don’t get quite the pure raucousness out of them that you would a bunch of people in their 20s and 30s.

Still, I thought the parade was pretty glorious. It was a beautiful day, the people around me were actually genuinely incredulous that we pulled it off, and the crowd was just super joyful.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Summer of Ovie was just more fun then Fall of Free agents ...

I'm not saying this because I am big Ovechkin and Caps fan but it will take something completely insane to top the "Summer of Ovie" in professional sports.

Maybe it was topped by guys before cell phones and social media but without proof it is just older guys telling stories.

The way the Caps included US, the fans, can never be understated. I know people who partied with the Cup and the Caps in the days after the win and they said it was the greatest thing ever. In Vegas, in D.C., in Virginia, they let regular people in to share our joy with their joy.

Reactions: kicksavedave

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
This bus was spotted in Philly today. Surprised it wasn't flipped over by the locals. Sorry if this was already posted.

Funny thing is I read the Nats had to rent busses from Philly for the parade and this bus just went back home having the paint job still on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad