OT: Washington Nationals Win The World Series!!!

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Watching the parade on TV but it seems quite subdued from what we saw from the Caps parade. Maybe it's just the broadcast though.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Watching the parade on TV but it seems quite subdued from what we saw from the Caps parade. Maybe it's just the broadcast though.

They are trying to hype it up. The players are psyched for sure, I'm not seeing a lot of crowd shots though.

Of course I was at the Caps parade so I have no idea how the broadcast team covered it.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Rendon just gave a thumbs down and shook his head when the Nats TV announcer mentioned him for a possible MVP on stage. He looked pissed. Maybe its different being there but this seems a bit off/lame. Love the Nats but wtf.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Rendon just gave a thumbs down and shook his head when the Nats TV announcer mentioned him for a possible MVP on stage. He looked pissed. Maybe its different being there but this seems a bit off/lame. Love the Nats but wtf.

Terrible location / set up

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Put the parade out of it's misery...

Yeah, I tried. I switched over to the Georgia/Florida game. I will get the highlights from twitter.

p.s. Is there anyone there? It sounds like ten guys clapping when someone says something. I kind of feel bad for the people on the stage.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Yeah, I tried. I switched over to the Georgia/Florida game. I will get the highlights from twitter.

p.s. Is there anyone there? It sounds like ten guys clapping when someone says something. I kind of feel bad for the people on the stage.
I turned to GA/FL too...not sure what was going on downtown but that was just bleh. Oh well. Go Nats.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Why didn't they let the players talk outside of a few brief comments that seemed unplanned? Still baffled by the whole thing.

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
Went to the parade, definitely more subdued from an energy perspective than the Caps parade, but there were a shit ton of people down there. Pretty good showing numerically I would guess.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
He waited to the last minute. All reports he wants to stay but this makes resigning Rendon remote, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->