OT: Washington Nationals Win The World Series!!!

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Sounds like an unhappy guy and no because of the WS. add Cole to Bergman carrying the bat and the asshat who got fired for taunting women in the locker room, that team has some behaviral issues

Not sure if a spelling error or a clever portmanteau for behavioral issues that go viral afterwards

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Sep 19, 2008
IMG_20191031_174208.jpg
IMG_20191031_174223.jpg
IMG_20191031_174232.jpg

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Man oh man what a fun season. From the dumpster fire of a bull pen and Tony Two Bags having an MVP season. The playoffs were one of the best magical rides I’ve ever been on.

And Straus? One of the best ever pitching performances. Ever. Man what a joy to watch.

Now if they can start selling those damned blue Playoff jerseys.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
This is so incredibly cool. So happy for every one of those guys.

Love the kinship between the Nats and the Caps. Huge party around town when they get back. I think they'll follow the Caps in sharing the party with the city. You know they're going to be going to more Caps games, trophy in tow.
I started caring a little more about the Nats when Scherzer and Zimmerman were geared up for the Cup Finals

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Me too. I never cheered for the Nats even though I was a huge Expos fan.

They won me me over by supporting the Caps the way they did. :)

Me as well.

Harper being completely clueless that maybe wearing Knights gear to a Final game in D.C. wouldn’t be received well sort of blew me away. So glad he is gone, makes the team a lot easier to root for without that tool on it.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
From what I read he was pissed he wasn't the one to relieve Grenke but yeah the guy is a pecker head.

Complete idiot but he wasn't wrong. Hinch screwed up there.

And for sure he is a "pecker head" but he about to be a very rich pecker head:

According to spotrac.com, Cole’s market value is $197.9 million for six seasons, an average salary of $32.96 million, a record for a pitcher.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Complete idiot but he wasn't wrong. Hinch screwed up there.

I don’t know. It seemed pretty common throughout the playoffs that if a starter was being brought in as a reliever it was to start an inning not in the middle with runners on base. I’m not saying there weren’t exceptions but that was the general theme.

Harris’ numbers were better than Cole’s both in the regular season and playoffs up to that point. Under the circumstances choosing Harris over Cole made perfect sense IMO. Didn’t work out but I understood that call.

Now taking Greinke out at all after he owned the Nats up to that point because of one mistake and then a walk was a panic move by Hinch. At that point I said thank God and couldn’t have cared less who replaced him. I was just glad he was out.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Parade day but also today is day 3 after the end of the season. Final day for Strasburg to decide whether to opt out or not. Oh the drama.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Grienke was open about psych issues but that doesn't make him sociopath

At parade rn

I heard about how he treated AJ Ellis when he was with the Dodgers.

AJ Ellis was Grienke's personal catcher in LA. Ellis asked Grienke how they could be better. Grienke told him he'd get back to him. The next day he tells Ellis, "I've been crunching the numbers. We need more offense out of the catcher. So, we need to replace you. "

I am not unsympathetic to someone who has an anxiety disorder but Grienke has bigger issues than anxiety.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad