OT: Washington Nationals Win The World Series!!!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
12 games under .500 at one point

Tough wild card game cards Milwaukee

the LA Dodgers

the St Louis Cardinals

the Houston Astros

....... they earned it. What a tough run to get to a title. 12-5 this postseason against some powerhouses. Cole, Hudson, Buehler, Verlander, Kershaws,

one of the most impressive runs to win a World Series ever.

Yep, pretty impressive and consider the all star break to end of regular season record. This was an impressive playoff in MLB history and I say this as a neutral fan. Things looked ugly until Rendon homered. Houston can attack from any batting lineup and Altuve is money usually. I really got tired of that train as a Dodger fan in the WS and will forever despise Yu Darvish. The Nats shut those guys down when it mattered. Eaton getting the extra RBIs kept Houston from pulling off a Joe Carter moment along with Corbin and Hudson. The fact Altuve struck out is just shocking by itself. Baseball fans won't see another run like this again or for a long time. Great to see a team win for first time too. This season for Nats reminds me of last years Blues. They changed their season around midway and played hard ball. I don't think many would have bet Houston would lose given that batting order, team defense, and starting rotation. Truly was a remarkable run. February will be here fast.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Best pic yet of how close these teams are;

EILYKygW4AExbVy

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Looking back on last night I can’t help but think how great it feels to be on the winning side of a game 7 choke after what has gone down with the Caps and Nats prior to 2018.

What I find interesting about these runs is what we all found so frustrating for all those years, and by that I mean the feeling that if they could just break through, if they could just get that bounce, if they could just get that clutch performance when it really mattered then it would snowball and they'd take advantage. I think the Caps and Nats were both good enough to win multiple titles respectively this past decade but they could never break through that glass ceiling in the early rounds... something always went the wrong way. Once they broke through and started believing it just snowballed and here we are. This is how I felt when the bounces finally started going in our direction:
EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
What I find interesting about these runs is what we all found so frustrating for all those years, and by that I mean the feeling that if they could just break through, if they could just get that bounce, if they could just get that clutch performance when it really mattered then it would snowball and they'd take advantage. I think the Caps and Nats were both good enough to win multiple titles respectively this past decade but they could never break through that glass ceiling in the early rounds... something always went the wrong way. Once they broke through and started believing it just snowballed and here we are. This is how I felt when the bounces finally started going in our direction:
EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

This, so much. For the Caps, it was Kuzy's OT vs Pens that broke through. For the Nats it was Howie's Grand Slam that got them over the hump.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This, so much. For the Caps, it was Kuzy's OT vs Pens that broke through. For the Nats it was Howie's Grand Slam that got them over the hump.

I'd argue it was Soto's hit in the 8th against Milwaukee. That error by Grisham NEVER happened for DC teams in the past. When that happened you thought, huh, let's see where this goes.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad