Friedman: Washington looking to move a contract to re-sign Dillon

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I could see Ottawa having interest in Jensen and/or Hathaway if the cost was negligible
I think this is the type of move we’ll see. The Caps may even “have” to send a mid- to late-pick but a team that needs competent NHLers (OTT) might look at guys like Kempny, Hathaway, Jensen and be willing to take the salary without a heavy cost.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Better get it done before free agency..

Because NJ can and should offer Dillon 3-4 years at a higher AAV to have him hold down our top pair for a few seasons with Severson!
Good lord, enjoyed the Lottery did you? Cause that’s where you’re headed with that Top Pairing. Neither of these players belong in any discussion of the Top Pairing. I mean I’d trust you’re joking but with NHL teams, GMs, and fans I’m not sure.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Odd man out. They want Dillon back. A left d. That means they have Dillon, Orlov, Siegenthaler and Fehervary as left shot defensemen without Kempny. Kempny was taking healthy scratches. Its pretty easy to see
How good is Kempny and how much would he cost?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Pretty sure Laviolette went with:

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Subban
XXXXX - Y.Weber

If that’s accurate, then maybe:

Dillon-Carlson
Orlov-Jensen

Dillon also played next to Karlsson in San Jose.
So the Capitals should try to acquire Subban? Did I just have an aneurysm?
That isn't a team that gonna challenge for a cup...too thin of D , bottom 6 and and goaltending with Holtby gone
I wasn’t sure if you had any credibility and then you went and cemented a Complete Lack Thereof, kudos.

Based on Holtby of late it’s likely the Caps won’t skip much of a beat in that Dept. for the foreseeable future.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I hope he somehow makes it to UFA . Devils have to be waiting for that to happen and the second FA starts , they have an offer made up and ready to propose it to him and his agent.
Guessing Detroit will do the same thing .

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Kempny is a solid 3rd pair defenseman. He could skate a 2nd pair in a pinch. He has his name on the cup and went from a healthy scratch in Chicago to skating with John Carlson to win a championship. I would think the Caps would take a token asset and the cap space.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018

No easy answer to the first part of the question. As others have said, there's a very clear divide between pre-injury Kempny (solid #3 with great skating and excellent in transition) and post-injury Kempny (bad enough that he was benched for the last 3 games against the Isles). Whether the post-injury version is the new normal or just lingering effects of the injury which will dissipate with a full offseason is anyone's guess. As for the cost, probably a mid-round pick? I'm sure some team with less on the line will roll the dice on him.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
What’s the ask on Eller or is he unavailable?
I personally can't see it. He's good value, consistent, and the Capitals don't really have an immediate replacement for him so they'd have to plug the hole they created by moving him in the first place, and that generally means overpayment. Eller's also not really worth overpaying for, I don't think, so he's sort of in that comfortable middle ground where there's just no reason to move him and nobody's going to try hard enough to make it difficult.

Reactions: Kalopsia

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
So the Capitals should try to acquire Subban? Did I just have an aneurysm?

I wasn’t sure if you had any credibility and then you went and cemented a Complete Lack Thereof, kudos.

Based on Holtby of late it’s likely the Caps won’t skip much of a beat in that Dept. for the foreseeable future.
Buddy , you and your hair brain ideas have zero merit... again this is a team that got bounced out very early . Aging stars , unbalanced and a a big ? In net.. they will struggle to make playoffs next year... this isn't that hard

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Buddy , you and your hair brain ideas have zero merit... again this is a team that got bounced out very early . Aging stars , unbalanced and a a big ? In net.. they will struggle to make playoffs next year... this isn't that hard
Sure thing chief, I suppose we’re to take your word for it. You’ll forgive me if I hold my breath waiting for that aneurysm before I put a bit of stock in a single word you say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad